Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toy & Quick Question

DefiantFrog

Hey all!

After years of lusting, and a bit of a rubbish year at work, i figured I deserved a treat, so pretty much impulse brought a REV4 Sonic Shadow through mr2oc

MR2WideScreen.jpg

Its mods list is short so far (Apexi Induction, JapSpeed Exhaust, REV5 spoiler), but over the years I aim to change that somewhat! :)

First question on it (and I've tried searching to no avail)... The JapSpeed is a de-cat pipe, with no space for a Cat to go in. Obviously, for MOT Time and legal running, there should be a CAT there. I can find CAT's and backboxes, and I think I know how all the pipe work should fit together now, the only thing I seem to be light on information for is sensors... Should there be any sensors around the Cat on REV4? If so, does anyone know where they should plug in to (Both Cat end, and the other end). The JapSpeed has nothing plugged in, and I see no trailing cables. Either I am lucky and missing nothing, or I need to find some stuff that I know nothing about just yet!

Advice much appriciated!

Ta

Ben

Hey all!

After years of lusting, and a bit of a rubbish year at work, i figured I deserved a treat, so pretty much impulse brought a REV4 Sonic Shadow through mr2oc

MR2WideScreen.jpg

Its mods list is short so far (Apexi Induction, JapSpeed Exhaust, REV5 spoiler), but over the years I aim to change that somewhat! :)

First question on it (and I've tried searching to no avail)... The JapSpeed is a de-cat pipe, with no space for a Cat to go in. Obviously, for MOT Time and legal running, there should be a CAT there. I can find CAT's and backboxes, and I think I know how all the pipe work should fit together now, the only thing I seem to be light on information for is sensors... Should there be any sensors around the Cat on REV4? If so, does anyone know where they should plug in to (Both Cat end, and the other end). The JapSpeed has nothing plugged in, and I see no trailing cables. Either I am lucky and missing nothing, or I need to find some stuff that I know nothing about just yet!

Advice much appriciated!

Ta

Ben

There should be a cat temp senor that obviously fits to the cat

remove the boot carpet on the left hand side, thats where the wire comes in and joins the loom

if its missing you should still find the plug for it

(on a rev 2 anyway )

Nice car.

The lambda/oxygen sensor is on the upper surface of the front pipe. On the engine side of the rear sub-frame. If you want to go permanently back to a cat then the best place to go is:

http://www.jap-spec-performance.co.uk/mr2/mk2na.html

CATs/Exhausts/fitting kits. all there.

(didn't think the N/A had a cat temp sensor?)

Thanks for the help so far guys! Need more though (I'm being a dumb-*****). I've had my boot carpet up, and can find no empty sockets, and I've had another good root around in the engine bay looking for either trailing cables or empty sockets, and so far I've turned nothing up....

Any chance of a pic, or a bit more of a descriptive guide to getting to the right place?

*Edit: hang on, think I've been a proper dumb-***** - back out to the car...... :)

And thanks for the link to JSP, but I've already found them :) I wanna get a cat back on the car permanantly - I want it to be a minimum fuss weekend toy that I can play with a bit and don't really want to be replacing exhaust components every year / every time the law catches up with me...

Found it :) I got the front pipe mixed up with the downpipe. Easy novice mistake... *ahem* Well, front pipe is a rubbish description - its more of an 'along' pipe... ;)

So thats the only sensor in the exhaust system, and I don't need to be concerned about any potential others?

There is only one sensor for the N/A. (the one you've found!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links