Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do The Side Mirrors Fold In?

waxxy

i took my car out to the lake district at the weekend we stopped at a little pub to get dinner and when i parked my car i made sure it ws away from any other cars just in case it got scratched/hit again :(

when wed finished and came out id seen there was a car just parked next to mine and the ***** had bent my side mirror the wrong way round .i was fuming and just as i was gonna let this guys tires down a old couple drove on to the car park and i got in mine drove off then found somewere quite to push it back in.

when i told my dad my dad said i should bend my mirrors in when i goto a pub or mall so it wont happen again but i dont know if they do bend in or not and scared ill try and snap the bugger off lol.

has anyone got one of this years tr 1.0 and do they fold in ?i know the motors wont allow me to fold them in but my dad thinks theyll just push in easily.

also my dads just noticed that while i was at that car park someones nicked my windscreen wiper plastic covers ..does anyone know were i canbuy them from and how much they are thanks.

Sounds like you're having some horrendous luck! I had mine parked on the street and some idiot managed to drive in to the mirror and knock it so that the mirrors face outwards like yours did. I was relieved they didn't take it off.

Unfortunately I'm not sure about your model, but I assume if it can bend the wrong way, it can fold in properly too, but I am not 100%!

i took my car out to the lake district at the weekend we stopped at a little pub to get dinner and when i parked my car i made sure it ws away from any other cars just in case it got scratched/hit again :(

when wed finished and came out id seen there was a car just parked next to mine and the ***** had bent my side mirror the wrong way round .i was fuming and just as i was gonna let this guys tires down a old couple drove on to the car park and i got in mine drove off then found somewere quite to push it back in.

when i told my dad my dad said i should bend my mirrors in when i goto a pub or mall so it wont happen again but i dont know if they do bend in or not and scared ill try and snap the bugger off lol.

has anyone got one of this years tr 1.0 and do they fold in ?i know the motors wont allow me to fold them in but my dad thinks theyll just push in easily.

also my dads just noticed that while i was at that car park someones nicked my windscreen wiper plastic covers ..does anyone know were i canbuy them from and how much they are thanks.

I have a 2009 SR and the mirrors do fold but not in the direction you would think. The way they fold is forward I.E. mirror glass facing out. Give them a slight shove in the forward direction to get them to fold.

yeah ive had some really terrible luck with this car ive had it just over 2 months and its looking like ive had it 2 years.the thing thats ****** me off the problems ive had wernt by me there done by careless ignorant people who show no respect for there fellow drivers.

i had a idiot in the trafford center hit me and scuff the front end luckly thats cleaned up and with it being black you can see the damage.and ive contacted a place for a replacement plastic cover for the nuts on my windscreen wipers and i was quoted 45 pounds because i have to buy the full thing i cant just buy the plastic cover ..im gutted the only other option the guy told me was too nick one back next time im at asda lol the way other drivers have disrespected my car i might as well do what the guy said ..i didnt have half the prolems with my old astra as ive had with this onew it seems every numptys out too crash into it ..i ***** it now when i go shopping ive even tried like it was suggested before on here to park well away from any other car,trollys or doors at asda but it seems no matter were i park ill come back and some dikheads parked next to mine and dinged it but next time im going prepared ive got a bag of panel pins that ive just put in my dash next time someone sctratchs or dings my car im gonna stick the panel pins in there airvalves in there tyres so the tyres go flat and they cant pump them up lets see how they like paying someone to fix something created by someone else.

another thing ive noticed on all occasions it was as peugeot car that was involved the one at the weekend had a canoe ore in the front seat and the one at the trafford center was a white one .

The mirrors do fold in on the mk2 yaris, they fold in towards the windows.

As for revenge I don't think it's a good idea and in any case you can't be 100% sure it's they that are at fault, you could just end up in court facing criminal charges. If you think that it's been done deliberately then ask the security guys at the carpark to check cctv footage and if so then you could try bring charges. I don't think it will be cheap though.

I try to park MILES away from anyone and always make a point of folding in the Yaris's mirrors....with the MR2 it's a case of pushing a button and they fold in.

It has worked for me so far.

thats what ive been doing mate ill find a clear set of parking spaces and it looks quite.

ill then go in asda come out and there will always be someone parked right next too mine even though theres loads of free spaces someone in a peouget will park next too mine.

and the thing with the white scratchs i only noticed them when i got home because the lighting in the trafford center car park isnt exactlly good.but when i got home i saw them clearly and the car next to mine was a white peogeut that had a few dings in it already and it was so close to my passenger side i had to drive out the bay to let my wife and baby in so i know the white scratchs had come from him :(

is that a pic of your new car sico2?so i guess they do fold in ..did you have to push hard mine look very stiff im scared to push them just in case with my bad luck they break off .

is that a pic of your new car sico2?so i guess they do fold in ..did you have to push hard mine look very stiff im scared to push them just in case with my bad luck they break off .

Well, don't take my word then! What is the point of asking questions and totally discarding any replies???

so i guess they do fold in ..

No, we are all lying to you!

They are designed to fold in the event of any low impact, instead of smashing to bits they will fold instead :thumbsup:

lol..i believe you all and i thank you all for your replys i was just joking that with all the bad luck ive had lately ill push the mirrors myself and the car will fall to bits..i think theyll fold ok as most new cars all have folding mirrors now so they dont snap off like they used to do in older cars.

My Yaris is an 02, it says in my manual that you should push it one way till youhere a click and then you can push them in the other way, I tried it but felt I had to use a lot of pressure and was waiting to hear a snap rather than click or perhaps a crunch so I wimped out.

Goodluck!

Yep, that's my new baby. They won't brake as they're on a little .. how to call it.. hinge? The spring holding them is very, very strong though. But you can easily close them with no worries. They slip into a ditch once you're closing them, so it stays in place unfolded. So by folding them you need to force them a bit out of this ditch. You can't brake them ;)

mirr1.jpg

mirr2.jpg

I was in a Tesco's carpark recently, taching a student how to park WITHOUT hitting other vehicles! when we spotted a wiseass in a Porsche parked across the centre line of TWO spaces, thus guarantee-ingthat no-one would park next to his pride and joy and breathe on it as they got out....

Not trying to suggest you adopt this method of parking, though, you understand!!! :P

BTW, why do people have such trouble parking in bays? it is an absolute doddle if you take your time and do it right, it is even EASIER between two cars then in empty spaces, as you have better reference points to go by!!!!! :D

I was in a Tesco's carpark recently, taching a student how to park WITHOUT hitting other vehicles! when we spotted a wiseass in a Porsche parked across the centre line of TWO spaces, thus guarantee-ingthat no-one would park next to his pride and joy and breathe on it as they got out....

I notice a lot of that. Always seems to be Porsches. Maybe they suggest it as you drive out the dealer, or maybe it's in the handbook :) I'm always tempted to park right next to them anyway, the same distance you would be if they'd parked in a bay. Not got around to doing it yet, but always tempted :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links