Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Car

Demonic Angel

My car is squeeking! :eek:

Maybe its cause its new, I'm not sure. But when I am driving round it starts to squeek! It seems to be coming from the rear passenger side...

I'm a little concerned, never had a car that sounds like a mouse before! Should I take it to Toyota for them to check it out or is it normal?

Its not a loud squeek, just quiet and semi-constant, ie it goes for a bit, then might stop and then it'll start again. The cars been treated like a queen, not been thrashed about or anything!

Any ideas? :help:

I have a similar squeak and I have located it to the rear near side head rest!

No major problem!

Also one on the dash board in the right hand corner near the speaker, only now and again and I tend to forget about it.

:thumbsup:

Hi Demonic Angel

First of all. All yaris have a few squeaks :crybaby: If it bovers you that must take it into the dealer for them to have a look. If it's not a problem then wait till you have done a 1000 miles and you can take it in for a free health check and then mention it then :thumbsup:

jerry!!

theres somat wrong with it if it doesnt rattle!

im gradually quashing all squeeks and rattles within mine and have nearly got all of them

using dynamat and other deadening stuff

I had a similar sounding one on mine when it was new. Turned out to be the tailgate rubber seal. Toyota put some foam underneath it to pad it out a bit and its been fine ever since.

Easy way to tell is the leave the tailgate open slightly with an old towel or something to stop it closing/rattling and then take the car for a gentle drive and see if the squeak goes away.

Its probably nothing to worry about, but I'd get it checked out by Toyota. If its under warranty, then it should be sorted for free so you might as well.

I had a similar sounding one on mine when it was new. Turned out to be the tailgate rubber seal. Toyota put some foam underneath it to pad it out a bit and its been fine ever since.

Easy way to tell is the leave the tailgate open slightly with an old towel or something to stop it closing/rattling and then take the car for a gentle drive and see if the squeak goes away.

Its probably nothing to worry about, but I'd get it checked out by Toyota. If its under warranty, then it should be sorted for free so you might as well.

i had a similar prob with my tailgate catch rattling and squeaking on itself!

a lump of spindle grease shut it up!

I had a similar sounding one on mine when it was new.  Turned out to be the tailgate rubber seal.  Toyota put some foam underneath it to pad it out a bit and its been fine ever since.

Its probably nothing to worry about, but I'd get it checked out by Toyota.  If its under warranty, then it should be sorted for free so you might as well.

i had a similar prob with my tailgate catch rattling and squeaking on itself!

a lump of spindle grease shut it up!

So thats what all that brown stuff is all over your hinge :thumbsup:

jerry!!

hi

have u tryed from the outside giving the backrest of the seat a shake forwards and backwards it might make the sound appear as i found my to be seat catch and needs greasing oh the catch is on right of the seat behind the plastic cover not the release catch to make the seat fold down.

So thats what all that brown stuff is all over your hinge :thumbsup:

jerry!!

:blink:

aye its is!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links