Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Speedometer And I'm Towing Next Week!

Cara-croft

Hi Everyone,

I have a Toyota Surf SSRG 1996 3.0L.

I have just been doing a full service and have changed the cambelt ( just before it was due, so the light had not come on).

Once finished, I moved the Timing belt reset screw behind the dash clocks to its new position, but when I started up the light came on. I took the car for a spin and everything was ok with the new belts etc apart from this light. :dontgetit:

So I moved the screw back and the timing belt light is now gone, BUT I have no speedometer or rev counter!!! :help2:

I have checked the plugs on the back of the instrument panel and taken them out and put them back in again. I have checked all the small fuses and they are all fine. All the other warning lights on the dash are working!! I have not checked any of the large fuses, as I'm not sure about those, and I'm not sure if there are any relays involved and where they would be?

I am desperate for some help, because I have done all the other jobs and the car is running perfect, so its frustrating to have this happen right at the end!!! :unsure: Also We are due to tow nearly 300miles next week!!

Thank you

Cara-croft :help:

Did you disconnect the battery when you had the dash out, if not I would check for a blown fuse.

Thanks Andy

I have checked all the fuses and all are ok, i had the dash out again today and checked every wire was ok and the plugs were in properly.

I've run out of things to check so any help would be great.

Do you think a diagnostic check ( using E1 and TE1 in the diagnostic box ) would help and is it safe to do on a Surf Gen 3 96, as I can only find information and codes for earlier models??

thanks again

Cara :(

Did you disconnect the battery when you had the dash out, if not I would check for a blown fuse.

Thanks Andy

I have checked all the fuses and all are ok, i had the dash out again today and checked every wire was ok and the plugs were in properly.

I've run out of things to check so any help would be great.

Do you think a diagnostic check ( using E1 and TE1 in the diagnostic box ) would help and is it safe to do on a Surf Gen 3 96, as I can only find information and codes for earlier models??

thanks again

Cara :(

I don't think a diagnostic check will show anything, have you checked the fuses under the dash and also under the bonnet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links