Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery (yaris 2009 With Stop And Start System)

starletXL

Hi. Does anyone know if the new Yaris 2009 with stop and start system requires a special Battery please? I am asking this because on the Battery there is written "Stop and Start". In my opinion it must be a really strong Battery because I noticed that even with the stereo and A/C on, the Eco system functions quite well and rarely the battery did not cope with the system; i.e. the stop and start system did not enter into operation. I hope that the battery can be easily found on the market and not very expensive if it is a special battery. Thanks.

Yes it does. A Battery for a standard Yaris would be 41Ah capacity and 360 Amps, a Stop/Start would be 60Ah and 540 Amps. You’d be looking at a new Battery with diesel power for a petrol Stop/Start (higher capacity) :thumbsup:

If it's anything like normal Toyota fitted batteries it will last and last and last. the one on my diesel is six years old and going strong (touch wood)

Yes it does. A battery for a standard Yaris would be 41Ah capacity and 360 Amps, a Stop/Start would be 60Ah and 540 Amps. You’d be looking at a new battery with diesel power for a petrol Stop/Start (higher capacity) :thumbsup:

Thanks Reece! It seems that you know the Yaris quite well! :thumbsup:

Yes it does. A battery for a standard Yaris would be 41Ah capacity and 360 Amps, a Stop/Start would be 60Ah and 540 Amps. You’d be looking at a new battery with diesel power for a petrol Stop/Start (higher capacity) :thumbsup:

Thanks Reece! It seems that you know the Yaris quite well! :thumbsup:

Your welcome :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links