Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Engine Swap

toyotas'r'us

just fitted the '97 3s-ge 2litre 16v into an earlier import. have noticed i need the replacement ecu and coil.

is there anything else i might need to get up and running, and are there any differences in the power output of the engines????

thanks

dan

I think I put a stickie at the top of the MR2 section about the differing revisions. The Turbo was where the main changes took place, but as a knock on the NA also got improvements.

Roughly : the old engine was about 155 bhp .. the new will be about 175.

The new engine improved lots of little things (I think they are listed in the links).

You should have used the new ECU and loom with the new engine. Were these not available?

Details here :

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11619

I think I put a stickie at the top of the MR2 section about the differing revisions. The Turbo was where the main changes took place, but as a knock on the NA also got improvements.

The new engine improved lots of little things (I think they are listed in the links).

You should have used the new ECU and loom with the new engine. Were these not available?

Details here :

Details here :

thank you for the reply as for the wiring loom it only came with the engine loom i didnt get the ECU .do you know if i need more than just the engine loom? if so do you know of anywhere i can get the loom and a ECU?

thanks dan

just the engine loom will be fine but you will need the ecu for the engine you have now.

if you can find someone with the same year engine and ask them for the part number off their ecu that will help you trck one down, try trev at TCB (toyota celica breakers, not got their number but comes up if you google it)

just the engine loom will be fine but you will need the ecu for the engine you have now.

if you can find someone with the same year engine and ask them for the part number off their ecu that will help you trck one down, try trev at TCB (toyota celica breakers, not got their number but comes up if you google it)

thank you mate will give them a try

• 5 months later...

thank you mate will give them a try

so what did you need in the end to get the engine working

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links