Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs And Es

beating

hi there. i have Toyota Yaris '06 Linea Sol car. it was second hand then i bought it (from germany). there was no user manual with it just a factory data. i was browsing all over but couldnt find the actual ABS and ES control. i suppose there is no OFF button on ABS (figuring winter is coming) is there? and another thing, the ES (a button near the handbreak) i dont get that one how it works. the guy who i bought the car from told me that if it's not shown lit up means its working. once i was driving up the hill on a wet grass and wheels started to spin (car started to slide sideways) and it was only shown that car is sliding (the lid was litted, but no ES lid litted up). so im wondering then it is acualy ON and then OFF. thanks in advance.

peace,

beating

p.s. thats the one ;)

dsc01527a.th.jpg

Its in the Yaris manual under the MMT section....

"Es" is a button that makes the gearchanges faster and more sporty on the MMT gearbox.

They call it "Easy Sports" mode...

When the button is lit up, it is switched on. When the button is not lit, it is switched off.

So leave it off (unlit) for normal driving and turn it on (lit) for sporty driving to make the gearchanges faster but more jerky.

It will feel like it accelerates fster when lit but will use more fuel. (so says the manual)

Oh and sorry - yes you are correct - There is no button to switch off the ABS. It is alweays on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links