Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decided To Keep My T-sport, Now Need Some Upgrade Advice!

RedStork

I've been looking to change my Yaris '52 plate T-Sport for two or three weeks now... I've just started a job I've got to commute to, so the sensible thing was to change to a diesel.

However... I almost signed on the dotted line yesterday for a BMW 1 Series 120D, but I gazed across the forecourt at my amazing little T-Sport and realised it's too damn good to get rid of! Looking at the 120D and the T-Sport side by side, I'd choose the T-Sport any day.

To the point! I'm going to keep it for at least another year, but I fancy upgrading it a bit. I'm after a balance of improved economy with any extra power as a bonus. I've looked into engine tuning, but the only places I can find that'll do it will only do diesels. Is there any where that'll tune up my TS (that's if VVTi engines can even be altered...)?

What sort of areas (parts-wise) of the car should I look at upgrading for economy first, BHP second? (I don't mean the boring stuff like keeping tyre pressures right, I mean air filters, etc.)

Don't think you can have more performance and better fuel economy!

If you tune the car up, even just fitting an induction kit, you are bound to use more fuel as you will be driving it hard because of the lovely noise, same for exhausts!! :lol:

My wife and I have both a Diesel and T-Sport. On dual carrageways and motorways the Diesel is much better (lovely torque) so it depends on your commute.

My wife and I have both a Diesel and T-Sport. On dual carrageways and motorways the Diesel is much better (lovely torque) so it depends on your commute.

But what's that got to do with the original question?? :huh:

But what's that got to do with the original question?? :huh:
not much... apologies. I was trying to get across that the car you choose may depend on your daily commute. Short of putting a 6th gear and quite exhaust on the T-Sport a new car maybe the better option for long drives.

Actually if he is thinking of selling it next year I would keep it original spec. They sell much more quickly because they are more desirable (cheaper insurance, less likely to be ragged). I would never buy a modified car other than exhaust and tyres or if I wanted a track day car.

It is not that I do not like modified cars cos I do like driving them and have done. But like he said it is beautiful car just as it is and will be missed when gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links