Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Im New

Dave D

HI GUYS AND GIRLS

IV JUST BOUGHT A Y PLATE YARIS A 1.0'S AND WHEN CHANGING GEAR IT MAKES A BIT OF A CLUNK,THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF IS A NEIGHBOUR AND HAS HAD IT FOR YEARS,HE SAID TOYOTA SAID ITS A COMMON THING WHEN COLD.IT DOESNT AFFECT THE GEAR CHANGE AND GOES STRAIGHT IN WITH NO ISSUES..DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT?

I LOVE THE CAR AND THE MPG ,50 IS AMAZING

HI GUYS AND GIRLS

IV JUST BOUGHT A Y PLATE YARIS A 1.0'S AND WHEN CHANGING GEAR IT MAKES A BIT OF A CLUNK,THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF IS A NEIGHBOUR AND HAS HAD IT FOR YEARS,HE SAID TOYOTA SAID ITS A COMMON THING WHEN COLD.IT DOESNT AFFECT THE GEAR CHANGE AND GOES STRAIGHT IN WITH NO ISSUES..DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT?

The early Yaris gearboxes were a little "Clunky" when cold so I would not worry too much about it as long as when it warms up it becomes smoother.

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

(It might be a good idea to press the "CAPS LOCK" key when typing in posts as it is considered to be "SHOUTING!", and bad forum ettiquette, if you type in capital letters)

HI GUYS AND GIRLS

The early Yaris gearboxes were a little "Clunky" when cold so I would not worry too much about it as long as when it warms up it becomes smoother.

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

(It might be a good idea to press the "CAPS LOCK" key when typing in posts as it is considered to be "SHOUTING!", and bad forum ettiquette, if you type in capital letters)

thanks for the welcome red,i wasnt sure how big the letters would be! i didnt think my neighbour of 15 years would lie and sell me a lemon

how many miles would you say a warm up is?

I would say 4-5 miles the more you drive it the smoother it gets (distance wise that is), i find it a bit notchy when cold but you soon get used to it but what impresses me the most is how efortless it is to get up to 30-40 without canning it and as you say the mpg return is rather good.

Parkers guide mention the gearbox in the review, it did not put me off as there are more redeeming features which make it a good buy. :)

thanks for the advice sedj,iv averaging 44.7 pottering around so imagine on a motorway!

Not had mine long, but in the last week have done 200miles for £20, 50 miles of motorway at 70mph the rest round town at no more than 7 miles a time the usual urban driving (about 50mpg) . It makes a change from the usual 30mpg i had from the last few cars i have owned :D

wow thats amazing mpg,i couldnt find the bit in the parkers review about the gearbox,im glad i didnt check it out as i might of let my neighbour sell the little gem to someone else

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links