Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs For 2009 D4d

termitis

Hello

i own a 2009 d4d`

i want to lower it but keep the shock absorbers

do you know any good company tha makes springs for diesel yaris except TTE?

thanks

Teinare regared as the best spring. Then theres Spax, Apex, Eibach, Koni, Pi, Gmax just to name a few!

Teinare??

never heard of it

I checked almost all manufactures sites named above for diesel yaris and i cant find. (Except H&R)

I have lowered my 2006 d4d using TTE springs. The ride is not great but not terrible either. The standards shocks don't seem quite up to the job but you only really notice this in hard cornering. The stance of the car is much better and FWIW they should they should be lower as standard.

What I need now is matched shocks and beefier anti-roll bars but it probably isn't worth it. Maybe best to save up and buy a better cAR!

Yeah sorry, my spacebar took a rest then! Tein!

All of the listed springs could go on a D4D, I think Im right in saying? Im sure the D4D suspension set up is the same as the rest of um? Contact the manufacturers for details!

You could look into the standard toyota accessory items....

The 2008 SR modela had lowered suspension as standard - so the springs from a 2008 SR d4d ought to do the job on your 2009 model....

You could look into the standard toyota accessory items....

The 2008 SR modela had lowered suspension as standard - so the springs from a 2008 SR d4d ought to do the job on your 2009 model....

i try not to go with toyota accessories because i think they are too expensive. For example they told me that TTE springs for my model would be 300 euros without installation. and i know that TTE are not the best springs money can buy (see TEIN, H&R) etc.

in the other hand if i want TTE springs, i can go for Eibach which are the same and i believe much cheaper

The TTE springs may be more £, but if Toyota are prepared to put them on the Yaris then there good enough, if you are looking for F1 handling, then save for the SR ...

As for fitting them, £20 in Halfords will get you some Spring Clamps, and if you have 2 hours to spare and 2 brain cells, then you can do it yourself.

The rears are a peice of cake, the fronts are not much harder.

The TTE springs may be more £, but if Toyota are prepared to put them on the Yaris then there good enough, if you are looking for F1 handling, then save for the SR ...

As for fitting them, £20 in halfords will get you some Spring Clamps, and if you have 2 hours to spare and 2 brain cells, then you can do it yourself.

The rears are a peice of cake, the fronts are not much harder.

where can i find a DIY guide to fit them my self?

unfortunately TEIN does not make springs for D4D model

here is the reply from an email i send them

Hi Andreas Thanks for your mail. The Yaris Diesel is not a target development car for Tein. This means that I cannot confirm if anything in our range will work with this car. You may need to try other manufacturers, or risk purchasing parts intended for the petrol equivalents. Please be aware that doing this means the risk will be yours and you may not be protected by manufacturers warranty. Kind regards

iv got the tte springs brand new in box. is there a reason y ya dont want the tte? however mine was for 2008 so dunno if they will fit.

no there is no reason

i just think they are too expensive to buy them from toyota

i would be willing to sell for cheaper as i have no use for them no more as i have written my car off. you interested? i can post pics if you want

i would be willing to sell for cheaper as i have no use for them no more as i have written my car off. you interested? i can post pics if you want

Send me PM with the part number and the price you want

• 2 weeks later...

any news?

• 2 weeks later...

By the way - I found out yesterday that the standard "Toyota" lowered springs fitted to the 2008 SR models reduce the ride height by 40mm or 1.5 inches.

I had a TR loan car yesterday whilst my SR was in for service and couldn't believe how different it looked with so much space around the wheel arches - so I measured the ride height from the top of the wheel arch to the ground and then compared it with my 2008 SR when it came home...

The 2008 SR ride height is 40mm lower, front and back than a 2009 TR.

Not sure how much other aftermarket springs lower the height, but I was really surprised that the standard Toyota lowered springs made that much difference....

By the way - I found out yesterday that the standard "Toyota" lowered springs fitted to the 2008 SR models reduce the ride height by 40mm or 1.5 inches.

I had a TR loan car yesterday whilst my SR was in for service and couldn't believe how different it looked with so much space around the wheel arches - so I measured the ride height from the top of the wheel arch to the ground and then compared it with my 2008 SR when it came home...

The 2008 SR ride height is 40mm lower, front and back than a 2009 TR.

Not sure how much other aftermarket springs lower the height, but I was really surprised that the standard Toyota lowered springs made that much difference....

interesting. Toyota lowered springs are the TTE set?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links