Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Surf 2.4d Ssr-x Low Power In Higher Gears

Robert A.

My 1993 Surf won't go up hills. I have blanked off the EGR valve. I have packed out the turbo actuator - which seems to have given the turbo a bit more voom. But while it pulls away nice and quickly and goes well on the flat it seems to have very little power when going up hills, even gentle ones in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear - it just seems gutless. Help please!!!

does it give out smoke from the exhaust.... white is water so could be head trouble...black is deisel not being burnt fully ..and blue means worn rings and bores.....if none of these try the easy stuff first...check and change air filter and deisel filter and air leakson the turbo pipes.....next it could be injectors needing a refurb and when youve got them out do a compresion test...

pretty much same prob here, but add a caravan on the back and your down to 30mph going up the slightest of hills. will watch this thread with anticipation

nigel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links