Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tail Lights \ Dashboard Illumination Fuse?

Speedline

Hello everyone,

I have recently brought my girlfriend a 2006 Aygo, we both think its a great car :)

Just 2 small problems, The taillights dont light up when the headlight are turned on, also none of the dashboard illumination comes on either, Im guessing both may be linked through the same fuse? Just wondered if anyone knows which one before I go searching tomorrow. Im guessing probably one behind the speedo surround.

Any help welcomed!

Many thanks,

Martin

Taillights, Licenseplate, instrument cluster, HVAC-panel and position lights in the front are all on the same fuse.

It's a 7,5A fuse (brown) on the righthand side of the instrument cluster under the speedo-bezel. The 4th from the top.

But I'm wondering WHY this doesn't work; has this allways been, or have you sone something to the car?

If you don't know why the fuse blew (if it did) putting in a new one migh just blow it again...

Should the fuse prove fine, it might also be the switch, if you've got a multimeter, look if you have +12V or thereabouts

on the dark green wire at the left column switch. If not, check for +12V at the grey wire at the switch, this is the feed.

With +12V on the grey one and not on the green wire (with the switch turned on) the switch is busted...

Thank you for your reply Jan, thats a great help. I brought the car from an insurance company as cat D, cosmetic body damage and have just put it back on the road. The car is completely original, nothing has been added to the wiring. For one reason or another the fuse has blown so I will try a new one and see how we go. Thanks again.

Martin

I'm not faliliar with UK damage categories, but if the damage was on

or near one of the lamps of the circuit that would explain the blown fuse.

Let us know if just replacing the fuse is enough!

Hi Jan, yes that fuse had blown, although new ones blow as soon as the lights are turned on so there must be a short on the circuit somewhere to investigate. The right hand headlight was damaged and replaced so will check the wiring around that. Are the front side lights on that same circuit?

I had a seach on here but is there a list/diagram of what runs off each fuse etc, I dont have a owners manual so not sure if was included in there?

Thanks,

Martin

There IS a list on the owners manual. I have a digital version on-line,

but that's in dutch, so I don't know if that would be of any help to you...

The front side lights (the little ones inside the big mirror) are on the same circuit

as the taillights, licenseplate lights, dash-illumination and the HVAC-panel lights.

If there was damage at the head light, first thing I'd try is unplugging the

side light in that unit. If the fuse still blows it;s the wiring, if not it's the fitting.

It might be even as simple as an internal short on the T10- wedge base:

these usually have little wires on them which can shift about when

plugging the bulb into the fitting and MAY cause a short...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links