Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Comments...

jimbo747

Hi,

I've had a brand new iq3 pearl white with leather for the past 2 weeks, and thought I'd share some comments with you. I've been reading this forum for a while before purchasing and took some comments on board before making a purchase decision.

So far, I'm extremely happy with it. I love my gadgets, and cool cars - especially ones that won't be 'common'. Thats the main reason why I didn't go for the fiat 500. The leather is a must, makes the cabin seem far more upmarket and more comfy imo than the cloth seats. I didn't go for any of the style options offered by toyota, feel 3rd party aftermarket accessories may be better and less costly.

Turning circle is hillarious, and I get more admiring glances than I would in an m3 or porsche.

Only negative comments - 2nd gear.... In the iq2 hire car, I found 2nd gear to be hit and miss and very notchy. I thought this would just affect the 5 speed 'box, but the 6 speed also seem to suffer from it. However, 300 miles later, it does seem to be loosening up a bit and easier to select. Perhaps another 500 miles will see it good. Brakes and grip are excellent, I plan on taking it around snake pass to give it a proper test!

As the engine wears in, it seems quicker to accelerate. Only filled up once, and still have 2 bars. Avg is 44mpg (mostly in town driving, lots of cold starts) which is nearly double my old daewoo lanos 1.6. I usually change gear by the engine noise, and it seems to make a similar noise at 2000rpm, that my old car would make around 3000rpm, causing me to upchange a little earlier than I usually would. There is little torque under 1.5k, esp when facing an incline.

What is the official 0-60 time for the 1.3? I've seen several values from 11.8, to 12.6 to 13.5. Must say, it doesn't feel as quick as I thought it would, considering the engine is near 100bhp.

Don't worry, i've driven my IQ3 for 3500 km and have less often difficulties with 2nd gear.

Thought it was just me with 2nd gear. Sometimes it feels as thou it hasnt gone in properly.

Also do the leather seats get any softer on yr backside as I find them extremly hard . Also they could do with a small lumbar support.

My wifes car is in for a service today and I was given a Nissan Micra 4 door. Seats are a lot softer and it seems a bit nippier that the IQ(3). Trying to find out what size engine is in it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links