Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Do Have A Nice Driving Car After All

Nicola

Garrick (System~G) bought a Corolla GTi on Saturday and as we went in his van to collect it, I had to drive the 'rolla home.

I had to do 90 miles down the motorway in the 'rolla.

Performance wise the car was ok, but the suspension was too soft (think its needs sorting anyway) and the steering was a bit vague.

The exhaust is really loud, I think its a cobra. Anything over 70mph was torture. Before we got to the first services I realised I needed earplugs, not having any, I then had to stuff tissue in my ears (I must have looked so silly). Having to overtake was horrible as the noise got so loud, so I overtook a lot less than I would if I had been in my '2.

When I got home i could still hear (to my surprise). I then couldn't wait to go out in my '2 as I knew that was something nice to drive.

So I have now decided that my MR2 is nice. :)

Also, Garrick has already turned from a nice MR2 driver into a max power boy. The car is having a bad effect on him.

He took the car out for a spin yesterday and when he got home he said that he saw some guys 'givin it large'.

I told him that I had no idea what he was on about and to go and buy a copy of Max Power.

Garrick needs help :blink:

p.s. I didn't put this in General or Corolla for fear of offending too many :shutit:

Get him back in a 2, he's probably still suffering withdrawal symptoms and trying to over compensate with the max power rolla :)

Hope all is well....

R

not sure I could drive one .. with the engine and the driven wheels in the wrong end ..

hey nicola, iv just noticed that ur from northampton. im from there to. well, i mean that i study there, at ucn.iv got a black mr2 wit a private plate-jus curious if perhaps we've crossed each other whilst driving?only seen abt 3 MK1's and abt 6 MK11's around.

Hi Azim,

guess you are one of the many black MR2 drivers in Northampton.

I have seen so many recently and they all seem grumpy, so I gave up flashing or waving.

I will try to keep a look out for you. Mines a grey one with a Toyota Owners Club sticker across the back window. I think there is only one other like mine, so if you wave, you have a good chance that its me. :thumbsup:

haha can't belive garrick gave into the max power boy's.

For the past week i've been driving my m8's punto (max'd out...) hehe.

The reason being the car can fit more people in it, and as i dnt drink i was the designated driver, lol

Neway drove my 2 again 2day, and loved it :D

if ur wondering why i didnt get a chance to drive it b4 its cos i'd spend all day at hte lads house, go out, come back, sleep during the day, wake up, get ready then go out again!

One of us decided he's quitin uni to wrk, (dumb bum!!!!) so spent loadsa time w. him. saw him off 2day at the train station :crybaby:

Nicola: do u hav an aftermarket 'zorst on ur 2? i.e. the mogoose. is garricks WAY louder than this?

-Z

Z,

I have the standard exhaust, so yes mine is quiet.

Garricks is loud, but he has put an ordinary filter on to try and tone his down a bit. We do have a GT4 in the street with a noisy 'zorst, which I think may actually be louder.

And just to add, he has been wearing a baseball cap while driving.

Maybe all of us should drive an inferior car every so often (hope Garrick doesn't read this post), just to remind us how good our cars are.

Today .. 200+ Miles in a 1.6 Golf .. ARGH !!

I felt sea sick half the time .. the car wallowing all over ..

GIMMIE BACK MY '2 !!

Today .. 200+ Miles in a 1.6 Golf .. ARGH !!

I felt sea sick half the time .. the car wallowing all over ..

GIMMIE BACK MY '2 !!

where is it ??

where is it ??

At work .. for some reason work thinks my car may not be customer friendly .. :blink:

im being fully reminded how poo other cars are as im still driving my semi automatic corsa courtesy car!

get this, the garage who are repairing my tubby phoned 2day to inform me that they are putting the finishing touches on it and i can collect it if i want,...however, they havent replaced the cracked bodykit (vent bit next to back wheel) yet as they have had the wrong side delivered TWICE by the main dealer (good ol' main dealers eh).

would i like to pick it up now and then take it in again at a later date (probably not then having a courtesy car available) to be finished!!!

NO THANKS was my reply!

glad to see it isnt just my insurance company that :censor: me about!

:ffs:

Yes I am "reduced" to a rolla but the thing is actually a lot of fun even if it does need a little doing to it to get it ship-shape again.

I do miss my '2, but hopefully this is going to be one cracking little car that will be the daily run about when I get my tubby.

And Zeroblade, I don't know you and you don't know me. Your words are unfounded.

I bought this "maxed out" car as a project to "restore" tastefully.

no probs nicola-il keep my eyez peeled for a grey one! mines the only one with a mesh in the front bumper (2my knowledge) with 15" tsw alloys. hope to see ya around!! P.s. are there any meets around northampton?kinda sensible ones-and not the max power types?iv never been to one, so if u ever hear of any cud u PM me to let me know?

-Az :thumbsup:

i know how you all feel with having to store a car. Mine has been put away for about 3 monthes now and i hate the car that i am driving. Wait did i say car. i mean old family van. But hey everyone can laugh now cause when i pull out the 2 they will all be staring with only having one of two mr2s in my city. Only a one and a half monthes tops i hope. :thumbsup:

doesnt nicola's have the mesh as well, I thought it did :)

Yep I fitted it :)

But it was more for practical reasons than the bling factor B)

And Zeroblade, I don't know you and you don't know me. Your words are unfounded.

No harm meant bud, honest.

What i meant to say was u gave in to the little max mupped inside all of us... or is that just me... :unsure: , TAXI!!!! :)

:thumbsup:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links