Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A New Iq2

timcrasher

Hi everyone.

Just thought I would say hi. I have recently purchased a new IQ2 in silver with the Isports pack, after trading in my Aygo Black. I have had it for nearly 4 weeks and am suprised at how well it drives comparaed to the Aygo. It has a much more grown up feel. I am also able to get more into the boot of the IQ (with the seats down) compared to the Aygo. I think it is due to the shape.

I do find second gear to be a bit knotchy, but the other gears really smoothly. The interior plastics seem resiliant to scratching, as after reading about them on this forum , I was a little worried.

I plan to fit some 17" wheels, make some of my carbon extras ( I have made a mould of the rear spoiler and diffuser), and upgrade the suspension. I find the rear suspension very choppy even at lower speeds, on my back road commute.

Can those who have fitted lowering springs ( h&r ) advise as to whether the suspension is improved, or does it really need different dampers. I have enquired into obtaining some Tein coilovers, but am not sure the expensce is worth it for the type of use my car gets.

I will post up some pics, when I ge t a spare minute.

Cheers

Timcrasher

hey loving the new ride, ive got a very similar car in white and have lowered etc....

a lil hint of advice i wouldnt put 17's on the car it seriously affects the performance... i have 16's and i can notice the decrease in acceleration! mpg goes way down too but it is up to you!

how u going to do the carbon?

Justin, is the handling any better with the lowered suspension, or is it still really choppy. The choppy ride is the only thing that I don't like compared to my Aygo.

The carbon stuff I make myself. I use pre-pregnated cloth and bake in in a specially made oven. I was fed up with the cost of buying carbon components, particually cosmetic items. So I tought myself with the advise of a proffessional ( F1 panel maker) and the rest is history.

I made loads of stuff for my Aygo, mirror covers, cold feed airbox, wheel centres, interior trim parts etc. I plan to do the same with the IQ.

I have a few sets of different size wheels sat in the garage at home, but having seen Sallys' IQ with the 17" wheels on this forum, I just like the stance they give. I may have to experiment once the suspension is lowered.

Possibly.

I will start by making a few parts for my own car, and then judging if there is enough interest. I made a few batches of the stuff for the Aygo, and they sold ok.

I have just started a new job, and I have alot more free time now, which will help with developing and making the parts I have in mind.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links