Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Figures For Iq3?

Somchart

I am a bit confused about the performance figures given for the IQ3.

Now, I have seen these figures :

0-62mph 13.4s (auto) / 13.6s (manual)

and

0-62mph 11.6 (auto) / 11.8s (manual)

The first figures I have seen in reviews and on some material from Toyota, the later figures are from the current

product sheet from Toyota Sweden.

What do you guys think, and have anyone tried the 1.0 and the 1.3 and can give a report?

Cheers!

EDIT : I have also seen on some product sheets from Toyota that the IQ3 should have chrome details on the door handle, which has been removed on later product sheets!

I am a bit confused about the performance figures given for the IQ3.

Now, I have seen these figures :

0-62mph 13.4s (auto) / 13.6s (manual)

and

0-62mph 11.6 (auto) / 11.8s (manual)

The first figures I have seen in reviews and on some material from Toyota, the later figures are from the current

product sheet from Toyota Sweden.

What do you guys think, and have anyone tried the 1.0 and the 1.3 and can give a report?

Cheers!

EDIT : I have also seen on some product sheets from Toyota that the IQ3 should have chrome details on the door handle, which has been removed on later product sheets!

I've had the 1.0 for a few days as a hire car, and compared to my 1.3 it isn't as quick (even though mine not fully run in) and hard work on motorways.

Both were manual, and I'd say 13.6s to 60 is about right, if not optimistic. 1.0 close to 15s.

I'd love to see someone shorten the gear ratios, put in a better clutch and then see what happens....

The 1,ol is not so fast.

Here are the performance data from 0 to 100km/h for the iQ

Petrol

1.0 Man 15,3 sec

1.0 Autom 14,7 sec

1.3 Man 11,8 sec

1.3 Autom 11,6 sec

Diesel

Man 10,7 sec :D

Good news for the diesel but why wont they let us have it in the UK ?

Probably just like it was in the Smart world. They (Toyota) advertise the car as a real good mpg car and bringing the deisel over here would undermine they're sales pitch somewhat !!!

As the owner of an imported CDi smart I regularly had this question asked by owners and dealers alike.

Si

Just looking at the raw data you would think the IQ3 was a proper little 'warm' hatch!

100hp and 900kg (ish), but when you look at what it achieves......just over 100 flat out and nearly 12 seconds to 60......what does it do with all that power to weight ratio!

Just what is the point! if toyota wanted to make the IQ more user friendly on longer runs surely you would make it more torquey.

They certainly can't have been aiming at the sports market, its embarrasing compared to a panda 100hp or pretty much anything else around 13k and 100bhp

Just looking at the raw data you would think the IQ3 was a proper little 'warm' hatch!

100hp and 900kg (ish), but when you look at what it achieves......just over 100 flat out and nearly 12 seconds to 60......what does it do with all that power to weight ratio!

Just what is the point! if toyota wanted to make the IQ more user friendly on longer runs surely you would make it more torquey.

They certainly can't have been aiming at the sports market, its embarrasing compared to a panda 100hp or pretty much anything else around 13k and 100bhp

I thought the exact same thing when i heard about a tiny car with 100bhp...

My bro has the Auris with the same engine and despite a 350kg weight disadvantage there is less than a 1.5sec difference in 0-60 between that and the iQ....

They certainly can't have been aiming at the sports market,

They are not aiming at that market and never will do in an iQ

The Toyota iQ is a car for 30-40 something city dwellers. This is a younger and more fashionable demographic than Toyota’s traditional UK customer.

Their target audience are affluent 30-40 year olds who are more aware of Green issues and a more likely to do shorter inner city journeys where ease of parking and good fuel consumption are paramount, NOT a sports car

Kingo :thumbsup:

The Toyota iQ is a car for 30-40 something city dwellers. This is a younger and more fashionable demographic than Toyota’s traditional UK customer.

You've hit the nail on the head there Kingo!

Toyota are still aiming new cars at old people! :P :lol:

If they can aim Scion for youngsters in America why can't they launch that brand here too?

Target the younger drivers now and they will be more likely to buy a Toyota in the future ;)

Oi Gaz........I resemble that "OLD" remark :lol: :lol:

Young whipper snapper :P

I have had my iq2 for just over 6 months covering 3000 miles but I am very disappointed with high gear ratios which makes it difficult to drive economically, but more so with the fuel consumption.

I have checked at every fill up and over the 3000miles I have averaged 48 mph. This veries very little however carefully or not I drive and whether it is short or longer distances.

Is this normal, and if so I feel the claimed combined consumption of 66mph is completely un realistic.

I complained to Toyota about the mph meter not exceeding 60 and was continually told that this was normal for the iq but eventually they have conceded that have been working on a modification and mine is due to be fitted next week.

I have had my iq2 for just over 6 months covering 3000 miles but I am very disappointed with high gear ratios which makes it difficult to drive economically, but more so with the fuel consumption.

I have checked at every fill up and over the 3000miles I have averaged 48 mph. This veries very little however carefully or not I drive and whether it is short or longer distances.

Is this normal, and if so I feel the claimed combined consumption of 66mph is completely un realistic.

I complained to Toyota about the mph meter not exceeding 60 and was continually told that this was normal for the iq but eventually they have conceded that have been working on a modification and mine is due to be fitted next week.

Re the mpg trip computer, Toyota customer services rang me last week to say there is now a "part" available (not software apparently) to fix the "60mpg" issue.

My local dealer is ordering one and I am waiting to be summoned for the fix.

My mpg is always in the high 50s and on a long run on non-motorways has been low 60s (on Scangauge, accurately calibrated)

They certainly can't have been aiming at the sports market,

They are not aiming at that market and never will do in an iQ

Their target audience are affluent 30-40 year olds who are more aware of Green issues and a more likely to do shorter inner city journeys where ease of parking and good fuel consumption are paramount, NOT a sports car

Sorry Kingy old boy but i completely disagree! The 1.0 is the natural choice for the 30-40 year old city tree hugger. The 1.33 is there soley to tempt people in to spending that little bit more, it has to be, what other reason would you spend more money on an already overpriced car that is no more practical or fun than the 1.0

Its Toyotas version of the Ipone, everyone knows the 8GB is more than ample but you always get the show off who gets the 16GB.... not that the extra 8GB (330CC) will ever be used but its there to mention when ever possible......

And so in summery The Toyota IQ 1.33 is a car for people with a superiority complex.

But the 1-litre car is perfectly suitable for that. Why not make the 1.33 something quick to replace the Yaris T Sport and SR?

Instead we have two cars which are nearly the same speed, but you pay more if you don't like the Scooby-thrum of the three-cylinder engine. Bonkers!

Anyway, if Toyota aren't going to sort out the 1.33 then I guess an aftermarket tuner will :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links