Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Metal Polishing Advice And Services

farhanali89

right all thought i would make this topic in the general section after a bit of advise and some places for getting some metal parts of my car proffesionaly mirror polished!

i have scratched my head to find some good places and have also put in some hard work trying to do it my self but theres some parts i just dont have patience on.

Firstly the parts i wanted to get done were

intake manifold

intake manifold plenum(this is a possibility or i may just have this powder coated!

throttle body

basically this is for looks only as im doing a revamp of the whole engine bay and im really ocd like that lol.

Anybody have any good services or companies they know which could offer a good price on this kind of thing?

im not after a brilliant mirror pure finish but a good mirror finish that looks good.

any advice or help would be appreciated.

I'd think long and hard about polishing engine parts, if the car is used as a daily driver it is totally unpractical, even if it is a dry use only toy you need to keep on top of it and re-polish it to keep the shine. It's a very high maintenance finish.

It might be worth investigating chrome powder coating (they have made great advances in the last few years) or even chrome plating.

The charge pipe work, cam covers, plenum, heat shields and other parts of my supra were hand polished by myself, it took weeks of hard dirty work, but looked good. And needed re doing with a regular metal polish every few months. Which without taking everything off the engine wasn’t that easy. (see the garage link below for my supra TT look at the "engine rebuild" pic).

I used the restoration kit from the Perfect Polishing Company with an extra “sisal mop” on a bench grinder, however before actual polishing I ground off the casting marks, and had to sand all the casting dimples off every surface (monumental task).

As you can imagine having seen it recently on eBay, with the engine totally dull and neglected broke my heart!

Damn bro i know what you mean polished engine bay is hard. i made a start on my rocker cover but due to weather it started to dull again. Im interested in this chrome powder coating. Can you recommend me anywhere. I have already done my rocker cover so that is fine i can keep ontop of that on a regular basis its the intake manifold that is a problem. Also just found out intake manifold cannot be polished to mirror finish as it has magnesium bits in it agh so will have to get it powder coated.

Interested in the chrome and thank you again for your input it is appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links