Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Bonnet Got Stuck

tony4

have you tried having someone else pull the handle open .. and then thumping the lock ?

Try getting someone to pull the lever, and use something like a screwdriver (with something over the shaart end to protect paintwork) to prise open the bonnet, the spring may have ceased on the release. Do this carefully, don't force it, it should open quite easily.

Thanks Dame, would you mind giving me a hand ? PM me if you happy to help, I'm just at the bottom of bathwick hill.

there is a joke in that line somewhere.... :rolleyes: :D

No need for a PM, I'm happy to help. Unfortunately I'm away on Business at the moment. Will be back briefly on Wednesday, then off again Wednesday night. I may be around next weekend - unless that's too late for you?

Fizz, I'm sure there's a joke somewhere, but my brain's too tired to find it at the moment!!

No rush Dame, I will tell you how it goes after a good look in a garage this friday. But you can always come to have a look at my car and give some comments and tips.

yeah... managed to open and fix the bonnet now. The mechanics nudge the catch from the small gap in the boot.... Adjusted the spring tension. I'm a happy man now.

Didn't want me to pay him, he just want me to buy him a drink for 45mins job + good check up the engine and chassy... TOP MAN.

He quoted cambelt change for £170 pounds on my 3sgte....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links