Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glossing Up The 16" Alloys

imsy j

Hi All

I'm a new member. I got my IQ3 a couple of weeks back and love it (got the manual in amethyst, with leather & sat Nav)

Question though, although the 16" wheel stlye looks nicer, i do like the glossy finish on the IQ2's 15" wheels. Anyone know if it is possibel to gloss up the IQ3's wheels? Just think it would look better with the chrome mirrors.

If it is possible, let me know where i can get it done and how much it will cost.

Thanks

Hi All

I'm a new member. I got my IQ3 a couple of weeks back and love it (got the manual in amethyst, with leather & sat Nav)

Question though, although the 16" wheel stlye looks nicer, i do like the glossy finish on the IQ2's 15" wheels. Anyone know if it is possibel to gloss up the IQ3's wheels? Just think it would look better with the chrome mirrors.

If it is possible, let me know where i can get it done and how much it will cost.

Thanks

Hi

I have an iQ2 and recently had a stone chip on one of the rear wheels. Where the surface had been chipped the metal underneath was black this may have been some sort of base coat. I touched it up with silver paint, which was too bright, then applied lacquer tinted with black paint. The finished job matched the wheel colour perfectly.

What I'm getting at here is that I suspect the iQ2 wheels are just some sort of paint effect rather than being properly polished, I could be wrong though. An opaque lacquer sprayed over the top of the silver wheels might produce the desired effect.

Tony

Hi All

Thanks

Sorry, not an answer to your query.

How long did you have to wait between ordering your IQ3 and delivery?

Reason for asking is that my 3 1/2 month delivery time is supposedly down to wanting the sat nav.

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I waited 4 weeks for mine only, including sat nav and leather and amethyst spec so pretty non-standard methinks. I bought mine from Jemca Toyota on Edgware road in London.

Perhaps you should try another dealer?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links