Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev2 Turbo Overheating Problem

pizza boy

My m8 is getting a wierd overheating problem in his rev2 Turbo. Its very tempremental because sometimes it will be fine and other times the temp gauge will shoot up. It has occured ever since he changed the coolant himself and with a m8.

He has since got Toyota to check it and they have told him its his head gasket.

He has also had the coolant replaced from a proper mechanic to straighten any he screw ups he woulda made when he carried out the job himself. The mechs told him they dont know what it could be.

He has also changed the water pump to..no effect same problem.

His heaters also blast extremely hot air out even when the temp gauge is stable.

Any1 have an idea what might be causing this?

The coolent system may need purging, which forces all the crap out coolent system, you can get a quite build up of crap in the pipes if you don't use glycol based coolent. It might also be the thermostat playing up, but i don't know much about that......hope this helps in some way.

matt :thumbsup:

give it a long bleed .. mine overheated about a year ago .. managed to add 3 liters of coolant in over an hour of running and bleeding ..

thx a lot guys. Ive phoned and told him so he should be able to sort it out now the problem has been identified :thumbsup:

[Ahem] If you would care to read my previous post i believe I mentioned it...... i didn't say alot about it but thats not the point!!!!

Matt :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links