Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wash Your Car With A Power Washer ?

dave.m

You know how it is, you have a decent power washer, friends, workmates or relatives allways wanting to borrow it.

Well after the second "decent" make of washer was broken while on loan I decided to buy a budget make :(

Had it now a couple of years, Performance Power or similar name is the make, from Argos. Anyway I cleaned

some slabs last spring, and broke the lance. Put it down to bad luck (again). I bought a replacement lance kit

as by this time it was of course out of warranty. So today the Rav is filthy due to bad weather and it's not been getting

it's weekly wash. I don't often use it on the Rav but it was so bad I had to. Well here's the punchline, after about

five minutes of use I hear a little pop, something skites off my cheek just below my eye and the water is p^ssing

out the side of the lance. Oh yes, another lance breaks of it's own accord, and nearly takes my eye out like a bit

of shrapnel. I guess these cheap plastic ones cant take the high pressure like they should. It's now in the bin.

BEWARE ;)

I've had the opposite Dave. :(.

Got through several "decent" make pumps (lances all ok) very quickly in the past (just outside warranty of course :rolleyes:), despite taking all the stated "protect from frost" type instructions blah, blah.

Came to the conclusion, may as well just buy the el cheapo ones.

Using it on the RAV??? :fear::nono::no:. Seriously, I know what you mean when they are really dirty :thumbsup:

What do you think though? I've more or less given up using them on vehicles. For one, to close and I'm worried about stripping paint. Back off and I felt like I was wasting my time as the dirt doesn't shift that well. Maybe it's just the cheap and crap lance and washers I buy :lol:

Plus, don't want to risking embedding stuff into the paintwork. But, when needs must............

I got a Karcher but after speaking with the rep at a trade show he said that you should try and get one with a gunmetal pump and with a "HD" prefix to the model number (I think mine is HD525). He said the cheap ones with a plastic pump have a design life of 80 hours which is OK for most DIY use.

I tend to use mine quite close but use it every 6-8 weeks to do under the wheel arches and also into the seams etc. Engine gets done usually in the summer but that isn't a rule.

Dave,

Wash the car with this (snowfoam gun), these days. :P

Works really well and is great fun! :lol:

Plus no need to mess about with power washer cables and hoses, it just clicks on to the end of an ordinary hose. :thumbsup:

Got two free Karcher washers when renewed car insurance this year (mine and wife's car).... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But all this rain we've been having...a quick drive down the lanes and through the floods does just a good job as the pressure washer wood :wacko: :wacko: .... If it gets too much dirt the local carwash polish guy's do a cracking job for a tenner..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got two free Karcher washers when renewed car insurance this year (mine and wife's car).... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But all this rain we've been having...a quick drive down the lanes and through the floods does just a good job as the pressure washer wood :wacko: :wacko: .... If it gets too much dirt the local carwash polish guy's do a cracking job for a tenner..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hello

yes ravs suffer from dirt especially on their rear door.

what is the HP washer that suits regarding pressure?? 100-120-140 bars?

I am about to buy such washer, as well as tide up with washing of rear door :D

Cheers/Igor

So which of the snowfoam detergent do you use Fuj?

If it gets too much dirt the local carwash polish guy's do a cracking job for a tenner..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't you get the wife to do it? Especially as she has two pressure washers now? :unsure::lol:

Was just wondering whether with two washers, you could just place one each side of the vehicle, lances tied down and pointing at the vehicle and then just continually drive foward and reverse, between the two sprays? Your own instant non-contact drive though car wash? Maybe a nice little earner? :g::rolleyes::lol:

Dave,

Works really well and is great fun! :lol:

Plus no need to mess about with power washer cables and hoses, it just clicks on to the end of an ordinary hose. :thumbsup:

Good stuff Fuj, looks like the stuff the garage guys use before power washing your car. That would really p^ss off the neighbours

all those piles of white stuff :lol:

Was just wondering whether with two washers, you could just place one each side of the vehicle, lances tied down and pointing at the vehicle and then just continually drive foward and reverse, between the two sprays? Your own instant non-contact drive though car wash? Maybe a nice little earner? :g::rolleyes::lol:

With my luck that would take two eyes out :lol::lol:

Can't you get the wife to do it? Especially as she has two pressure washers now?

The wife wash it... ha ha ha ha I have enough trouble keeping her chained to the kitchen sink to do her choures.... :angry::angry:

If this rain keeps up the stream which is normally a small trickle will be up around my wheels soon....so they'll get nice and shinny or just bubble some more knowing the c**p lacquerer Mr T used on them.

DSCF1967.jpg

all those piles of white stuff

We should be getting this next year.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wash the car with this (snowfoam gun), these days

Last time I used one of those Fuji this happend.... :unsure::unsure:

DSCF1794.jpg

So which of the snowfoam detergent do you use Fuj?

I think it's just called Snowfoam :unsure: I bought a 5 litre container of the stuff when I bought the gun. It's just a very plain container, nothing branded like Autoglym or Mequires. But it really loosen's the dirt for you, before you set to work with flossy! :D

Good stuff Fuj, looks like the stuff the garage guys use before power washing your car. That would really p^ss off the neighbours

all those piles of white stuff :lol:

Just come back inside after washing the car and I can still see some foam, that's been washed further down the road. :lol:

I just found messing about setting up power washers was turning into a pain....much happier using the snowfoam....just remember to run a good amount of clean water through the gun after you have used it to keep the ejector clear and the jobs a good'un! :thumbsup:

Last time I used one of those Fuji this happend.... :unsure::unsure:

DSCF1794.jpg

I think you have you mixtured set a bit wrong there! :lol::lol:

With my luck that would take two eyes out :lol::lol:

I was thinking I'd end up with a metalic "racing strip" down each side, that soon went rusty brown :unsure:................and two eyes out!

DSCF1794.jpg

Think you missed a bit on the RAV there Chatters. :rolleyes: Nice to see you keeping the countryside clean.

Found it...this is the stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :thumbsup: Just wondered, there seemed to be a load of different choices. Do you get through much of the stuff?

Do you get the 'accessories' with it?

Are those your hand car washes in Gloucestershire? :D. Don't the young ladies get very cold? Can you give me precise directions how to get there please? :lol:

Do you get the 'accessories' with it?

Are those your hand car washes in Gloucestershire? :D. Don't the young ladies get very cold? Can you give me precise directions how to get there please? :lol:

Don,t bother its a con :unsure: I ordered mine with the accessories This is what i got,, :D :D Those high heels made a right mess of my bonnet :( :o :yes:

P1030936-edit2.jpg

I AM NOT SURE THESE YOUNG LADIES KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT WASING CARS!!! :ermm::nono:

Thanks. :thumbsup: Just wondered, there seemed to be a load of different choices. Do you get through much of the stuff?

No...not really, you just need an inch or so of the soap in the bottom of the gun's bottle and then top up with water. :thumbsup:

P1030936-edit2.jpg

I AM NOT SURE THESE YOUNG LADIES KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT WASING CARS!!! :ermm::nono:

Stew

I knew I could rely on you for those "extra" accessories......well done, keep up the good work

Kingo :thumbsup:

Stew, if you have any more like this, please feel free to go off topic on my thread as many times as you like :drool::drool::drool:

Opel owners don't seem to be fussy about folk leaning on their car!!!

I don't want semi naked birds, soaked in suds and warm water lying all over the front of my c................................

...........er, well - oh I suppose it would polish off. I still think those Opel owners lack discipline though.

If any hoodies were to lay all over my bonnet - they would get a flee in their ear I can tell you. No lubricant you see - that could cause permanent damage.

Stew, if you have any more like this, please feel free to go off topic on my thread as many times as you like :drool::drool::drool:

Whats off topic :unsure: Its about car washing, now for getting to those awkward low down places, this is an interesting technique :drool:

Sexy_Car_Wash_by_Anus161283.jpg

Whats off topic :unsure: Its about car washing, now for getting to those awkward low down places, this is an interesting technique :drool:

Sexy_Car_Wash_by_Anus161283.jpg

The real trick is plenty of foam + water to disolve the dirt + foreign bodies before you get out your chamois :yes:

car_wash_girls.jpg

Car is now ready for a final rinse + polish

bikini_car_wash_girls.jpg

Now invite your wife + her mates round to admire your handiwork + your new snowfoam gun (BACK ON TOPIC) :thumbsup:

fat-girls-in-bikinis.jpg

Now invite your wife + her mates round to admire your handiwork + your new snowfoam gun (BACK ON TOPIC) :thumbsup:

fat-girls-in-bikinis.jpg

WTF :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Are they not the TAXI cleaning women from Manchester......

Your just too fussy Chatters, you can tell it isn't Manchester because its not Raining :P

Your just too fussy Chatters

Yeah, it could be a lot, lot worse. Those of a nervous disposition look away now....... In fact, just look away anyway. :sick:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links