Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wash Your Car With A Power Washer ?

dave.m

I'm fed up of people using my personal video's in a willy nilly fashion :rolleyes: I thought I had stored that one of me in a personal folder :lol:

PS Stew, I don't like yours much, she could have trimmed that lime green sack she is wearing :yes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dave,

Wash the car with this (snowfoam gun), these days. :P

Works really well and is great fun! :lol:

Plus no need to mess about with power washer cables and hoses, it just clicks on to the end of an ordinary hose. :thumbsup:

Back to the serious topic, I like the idea of this snowfoam gun + will prob order one after Xmas, can you use it to rinse the car after the foam, I appreciate its not a power wash?

Yeah, it could be a lot, lot worse. Those of a nervous disposition look away now....... In fact, just look away anyway. :sick:

SHCM...that's just so wrong... I chocked on my Big Mac and large fries.....almost spilt the gallon of coke on the floor..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Back to the serious topic, I like the idea of this snowfoam gun + will prob order one after Xmas, can you use it to rinse the car after the foam, I appreciate its not a power wash?

I just swap over to an ordinary hose attachment for rinsing the foam off the car....

....I guess you could use the snowfoam gun to rinse off the foam, if you wanted to save time because the gun / ejector will need rinsing out anyway, but you will have to fill the bottle with clean water and because the nozzle is quite wide the 'rinse' jet will be quite weak.

:thumbsup:

I just swap over to an ordinary hose attachment for rinsing the foam off the car....

....I guess you could use the snowfoam gun to rinse off the foam, if you wanted to save time because the gun / ejector will need rinsing out anyway, but you will have to fill the bottle with clean water and because the nozzle is quite wide the 'rinse' jet will be quite weak.

:thumbsup:

Tried the above Fuji and still got same results....

carwash1.jpg

So my neighbour kindly offered to hose me the car down.

Bikini-Carwash-Babe-98.jpg

Hope this is still on topic enough for those of a nervous or sensitive nature....if not buy a HONDA :P :P :P :P

Chatman, your neighbour has a dirty hose! :nono:

And i feel like a dirty OLD man looking at that one, but WOW :drool::drool::drool: Should i be feeling guilty.. :unsure::unsure:

I'm fed up of people using my personal video's in a willy nilly fashion :rolleyes: I thought I had stored that one of me in a personal folder :lol:

Normally I'd ask permission, but come off it Kingo, no way is that you. :). First, we understand you have a new slimline physic and second (and more importantly), I'm fairly certain you'd be smearing on a pie, rather than something that looks like a beefburger :lol:. Then again, maybe a waste of a good pie? :g:

SHCM...that's just so wrong...

I know, but thought had to balance things up for our female members :unsure:. Of course, I'm forgetting that they have more than enough eye candy with you, Anchs and Local:

oceansthirteen.gif

..almost spilt the gallon of coke on the floor..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Didn't know they did small American size over here :unsure:

Chatman, your neighbour has a dirty hose! :nono:

How did you ever spot that one Fuj? :rolleyes:

Back on topic(ish):

Used to buy cheap pressure washers, with no high pressure detergent feed. A fair few years ago now, in several moments of madness, I built this:

foam.jpg

Cheapo plastic cistern and ballcock, couple of bits of old hose. Cistern filled from mains. Detergent drip feeds in from above. Gravity feed out to pressure washer.

Once you'd got the feed into the pressure washer going, it worked quite well and gave a "snow" type of lather. Didn't seem to affect the life of the washer. Tank filled faster than the washer drew water, so no problems there. Don't use it now. Like Fuj, I find it a bit of a faff messing around with the pressure washer. Now you know for sure that I'm completely out of my tree. :D

foam.jpg

Cheapo plastic cistern and ballcock, couple of bits of old hose. Cistern filled from mains. Detergent drip feeds in from above. Gravity feed out to pressure washer.

250px-Doc_Brown.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

250px-Doc_Brown.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes Dave and it stripped the car paintwork down to the bare metal:

STA70120.JPG

:lol::thumbsup:

foam.jpg

Brave man photographing the inside of your garage :thumbsup:

Mine look's as if a tornado has hit it! :blink: :shutit: :o

Brave man photographing the inside of your garage :thumbsup:

Garage? That's the front room! :angry: :P :lol:

SHCM... You are the Dr of all things slapped together... bet you made all those Blue Peter type things.... and had the Tracy Island as well....

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

SHCM... You are the Dr of all things slapped together... bet you made all those Blue Peter type things.... and had the Tracy Island as well....

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Er, thanks..........I think. :unsure: A lot of people have had Tracy Island. I hear she's a popular girl ;)

You can't have too much sticky back plastic :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Don't know about you lot, but this filthy weather makes for washing the Rav without a power washer rather difficult.

So despite what I said on this thread about being finished with power washer's, well I had to backtrack. :unsure:

Of course it was also getting to me having all these broken lances lying about my garage, but thought, well if you

have a machine shop at your disposal why not make one ? So I did.

The ones that come with the washer are very cheap plastic and low tech, there really is nothing to them as you can see -

P1010001.jpg

So I kept the handle/trigger/ and the little ball valve, but made a new lance -

P1010002.jpg

Then chopped the end off the old lance, so I could still adjust the flow, made a little brass fitting and stuck it in -

P1010003.jpg

Put it all together and it looks like this, easy :thumbsup: -

P1010004.jpg

Don't know about you lot, but this filthy weather makes for washing the Rav without a power washer rather difficult.

So despite what I said on this thread about being finished with power washer's, well I had to backtrack. :unsure:

Of course it was also getting to me having all these broken lances lying about my garage, but thought, well if you

have a machine shop at your disposal why not make one ? So I did.

The ones that come with the washer are very cheap plastic and low tech, there really is nothing to them as you can see -

P1010001.jpg

So I kept the handle/trigger/ and the little ball valve, but made a new lance -

P1010002.jpg

Then chopped the end off the old lance, so I could still adjust the flow, made a little brass fitting and stuck it in -

P1010003.jpg

Put it all together and it looks like this, easy :thumbsup: -

P1010004.jpg

Nice one Dave - I know where to come when mine gives out :thumbsup:

Is the spreadsheet to make us think your busy Dave ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Is the spreadsheet to make us think your busy Dave ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Busy ???? ..............................oh yes, been so busy this past year I'm resorting to bringing in power washers to fix :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looks superb Dave, and I bet making it is ultimately satisfying :yes: (the lance, not the spreadsheet) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links