Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Tell Difference Of Active Sound System?

tony4

Um..... On Celica's etc. Active sound is stamped over it the rear speaker grills. You can tell is the radio is connected via the line outs as opposed to the amplified speaker outputs. I think Active sound systems on Rev ones consist of eight Speakers - two subs, two tweeters and four mid ranges

Has active on the subs behind the seats .. and it will have Amps (if you can call 'em that .. they are tiny) in the sides of the car (behind the cabin trim with the shoulder mounted mids) ..

Gotta find them out tomorrow, it too dark now.

I'm installing a double din head unit, I think active sound system will give me more trouble, because the speaker's wire has only (+) between the amp and head unit. Need to find someway to by pass it.

The wiring diagram shows that both active and non-active has 2 woofer, only difference is amp for the Speakers...

When my head unit went in .. I just tapped into the stock loom.

Then I binned the whole lot and got good Speakers and wireing put in.

Now I have no amps and no subs (therfore no sound).

I'd say that an aftermarket headunit improved the sound by 25% .. then using better components, amps and wiring was 50% .. then snipping the wires to the damn stock tweeters was the other 25% ..

Going to put a Focal when i've settle everything. I'm just going to stick with stock for another 2 months.

Focal K2 components and small focal speaker cost well over £400...Hoping to get that, but has to up on finance.

Hey, i have the active sound system and it is load. i was very surprised to hear how load a stock system can be. I also have a Bass button on my cd player which just makes them pound like h :censor: . I love it for rock but have to turn the bass off for rap or anything with heavy bass because of the chance that they might blow.

IT may be loud .. but it's very poor quality.

I can't explain how much of an imporvement it was going aftermarket ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links