Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq On Track

NiknakSi

Not the typical place you'd find an iQ. But since the weather was bad today I thought I'd leave my Caterham at home and take my iQ around Brands Hatch instead. I ended up borrowing another 7 while I was there anyway but that's another story.

So we already know the iQ is pretty slow. Well, very slow. But I already knew it has a sweet chassis that loves to wag its tail off the throttle. Which is just what you want to get around a corner quickly. Today in the iQ was one of the most entertaining track days I've done, since although it was a bit of a mobile chicane along the straights, it was brilliant around the corners. Predictable, responsive, confidence inspiring. Really impressive. The wet conditions worked in its favour since it was undeterred by hopping over wet curbs or 4-wheel-drifting through some of the faster corners, so I was able to catch and pass a couple of the Hondas that I was on track with.

.jpg

Loads more pictures of the iQ on track

The only issue I had was the pesky stability control. I could turn it off, but it seems to turn itself back on again above a certain speed, somewhere around 30mph. I tried to find the fuse but gave up trying to get the fuse box cover(s) off. It's lovely to have the safety of a computer braking separate wheels when it thinks you're in trouble, but it's !Removed! annoying when you're mid slide, in control and then it starts doing unexpected things! And does it really have to bleep at you incessantly? A flashing light is irritating enough. However, it's a city car, not a performance car... can't complain too much :)

So you probably all think I'm mad now. Can't argue there :D

Just press the VCS button longggggg (its off and stays off)

Exactly what i was gonna say! Just press and hold and it will turn off completely...

Loving your work B)

Get some R888s and hopefully hear less beeping :D

Paul.

Get some R888s and hopefully hear less beeping :D

Challenge accepted :D

Regarding the stability control 'long press', is this documented? I haven't looked in the manual yet. Does it respond in some other way than the light on the dashboard that comes on after a normal press? That in itself only seems to work while you're stationary.

They say in the manual (if i recall correctly) 5 seconds to turn it off.

Press shorter and it will "auto on" above a certain speed i guess but longggg press and the fun can begin.

It's not exactly that...

One quick push disables traction control... until you need it so it puts back on alone... :censor:

This doesn't stop the VSC+/ESP !!!

A long push on the same button is supposed to disable both TRC and VSC+/ESP (I didn't try it... too dangerous to push my new IQ on open road :driving: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links