Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Loss, Newbie, No Fault Codes Or Errors

bashman40

ok so its not the SCV's, so its down to cleaning out the turbo then well any sort of guide where and how to clear to turbo , what part of the turbo do we get the problem?

Not sure that is going to be so easy either but wait until I'm back at my desktop and I'll see what I can find.

did you find anything on your computer anchorman?

Sorry! I just needed your reminder.

As I suspected the info doesn't go as far as stripping and cleaning the turbo but here is the info on removal and testing;

FHV_turbo.pdf

FHV_turbo_remove.pdf

FHV_turbo_inspection.pdf

It might be useful to look at the VSV (Vacuum Sensing Valve) which controls the turbo. They have cured some 4.2s with similar symptoms lately;

vsv_location.pdf

4.3_vsv.pdf

Good luck.

It’s not petrol it’s a diesel, I thinks it’s a VVTI, D-CAT well something along the lines but defiantly a diesel

I had the same problem mine is on a 53 plate D4D. Sometimes it would take 6 to 8 miles driving before I got full power. Changed the fuel filter and everything back to normal Apparently its not on any service schedule they just wait until problems. This was at 53000K

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links