Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do U Really To Modify Ur Mr2 Turbo?

tony4

mistyped on the topic: "Do u really need to modify ur MR2 turbo"

I've just test drove my rev1 turbo and I was shaken by the output power of the car. I soon realised when I heard a high pitch sound from the engine, I'm in trouble. Can't have full control of the car. It went like a BEAST

Maybe is my inexperience driving because I'm just one month away from 21.

I had all the plan of modifying my mr2, but I guess all will be going to my saving account.

Only an unknown exhaust system been changed on the car.

The car is already a BEAST from stock, why do u need to modify? Do u really need more power?

Classic :D give it 6 months and you will want a bit more, then another 6 months and some more and then you realise you've been bitten by the BOOST bug ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

you can never have enough power in one of my old jobs i used to get to drive a company car at work used to get back in my two and Sh :censor: t my self for the first 5 mins then it seems slow again LOL :wacko:

The thing is, who doesn't need more power. My 2 is non-turbo and it is the fastest car that i have owned. (then again i am only 18) But being the fastest car for my house but not for my town. I need more speed and more power. When i get around to it next year the 3sgte rev 2 will be in there and i still won't be happy. you can never have to much power until you are sure that it is maxed out :D

Ye you will get used to it...and will want mods it always happens in any car. I modify because my m8s have high powered cars so I like to progress cos they always do as well.

i agree with pizza boy... i thought my car was pretty fast when i first got it... but then i raced my buddy who has a silvia.. and he whooped me.. that jes inspired me to get faster.. next project for me is t3/t4 turbo.. hah.. theres fast for ya ;)

I've not really been after HUGE power .. I just want it there when I need it ..

I've just replaced bits as they have broken, and as usual the stuff that is twice as nice and better performance is about half the price of Mr T..

you'll get used to the power, then you'll simply want more.

The only thing stopping me from getting a stage3 turbo or a garret turbo is the fact that this time next year I'll have a Supra... so not much point. I'm just tinkering at the moment to keep myself entertained... and my bank balance busy.. lol

You'll regret getting a supra me thinks..... I used to love them to bits...until I went out on the track in one, it was like being in a people carrier round the corners, like a big slug. Fairly impressive in a straight line but not very punchy, very progressive boost but saying that it was a standard car. They are considered as the MR2's big brother but i'd go for a 2 every time - go on jim throw some more money at it, I recomend you change to a newer engine if you want a bigger turbo and built it up to a big power house.

Matt.

You'll regret getting a supra me thinks..... I used to love them to bits...until I went out on the track in one, it was like being in a people carrier round the corners, like a big slug. Fairly impressive in a straight line but not very punchy, very progressive boost but saying that it was a standard car. They are considered as the MR2's big brother but i'd go for a 2 every time - go on jim throw some more money at it, I recomend you change to a newer engine if you want a bigger turbo and built it up to a big power house.

Matt.

Matt.

lol... y the 3 posts ??... lol

mmm.... you see... I could convince the bird that getting a supra would be good cos it has 4 seats ( well sorta ) ... but another mr2/engine transplant... mmm... dunno about that.. lol.

I'd get a ST205 GT4 as my 4 seater .. and then a De Tomaso Pantera as my track car ..

(or a Lotus Esprit V8 TT)

If money were no object I'd go for a Ferrari 550 - awesome car. Otherwise, I agree with Matt about the Supra, I thought about getting one myself, but was underwhelmed by the driving experience. However, Having driver a GTR, it was awesome, I also like the Honda NSX, since its handling and performance is second to none :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links