Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member + New Model Bluetooth Handsfree Unit?

wez_kc

Hi all

I have just upgraded from my second Aygo to an iQ2 Black! loved Aygo, but from day one of the Launch of these beauties i saw that it was a natural progression if you wanted more quality and spec while still been small, eco, and cheap to run! did nt intend on buying one a week before christmas but what can i say, Gordon Lamb Sheffield were brilliant with the extras and I thought I would get one before the VAT increase!

I went for a few extras including mud flaps, carpet mats, boot mat, glove bag, front fog chrome surrounds, scuff plates, rear spoiler, exhaust, parking senses and last but not least the bluetooth hands free unit. Now i had the bluetooth unit in my ex Aygo Blue 09 and loved it hence why i went for it with my new car. I thought it would be exactly the same as the one in the Aygo and the pictures in the brochure confirmed that.

post-74588-1261436390_thumb.jpg

I was pleasently surprised when i checked my new purchase today to find an iQ branded version! looks a lot different, I like the look and the branding (will add pic later) of it, if im honest though think I prefer the silver model before the one that is in the iQ brochure. But the added functionality is amazing!! its been improved greatly! everything from the voice and speed and the voice recognition its brilliant!! best bit though i was about to put some music on from my iPhone through the AUX input but by accident pressed play before i connected and was amazed!! it streamed through the new Bluethooth unit too the car Speakers!! I couldnt do that before with the other model and always wondered why, when if it can stream voice audio it couldnt do music. So pleased as before I got the sudden urge after a test drive to buy an iQ I had asked for a bluetooth stereo for my Aygo for christmas!

post-74588-1261435998_thumb.jpg

Im really chuffed as its not mentioned anywhere about this new unit and not seen one and I have researched every aspect of the car! was a fantastic surprise for me! If any of you havent had Bluetooth handsfree fitted and havent got the sat nav system then i would really recommend this new model! £250 sounds alot for Bluetooth phone handsfree and it is, but throw in the bluetooth audio streaming and I think its brilliant value!

Anyone else got this fitted? what do you think? also is there any thing else it does over the other model as the instructions provided are for the older model.

I have followed this forum from the launch of iQ in Jan been very envious of you all! Aygo has been brilliant! but ive grown up a little lol and this feels like a more "grown up" Aygo! I look forward to adding more contributions to the forum when theres need and thanks for all the tips brilliant site!!

Merry Christmas!!

I went for a few extras including mud flaps, carpet mats, boot mat, glove bag, front fog chrome surrounds, scuff plates, rear spoiler, exhaust, parking senses and last but not least the bluetooth hands free unit. Now i had the bluetooth unit in my ex Aygo Blue 09 and loved it hence why i went for it with my new car. I thought it would be exactly the same as the one in the Aygo and the pictures in the brochure confirmed that.

Hi Wez_kc,

Welcome on this forum and congratulations on your purchase.

You call that a "few" extra's, I think it's a lot.

Merry Christmas to you too,

Ruud

I was pleasently surprised when i checked my new purchase today to find an iQ branded version! looks a lot different, I like the look and the branding (will add pic later) of it, if im honest though think I prefer the silver model before the one that is in the iQ brochure. But the added functionality is amazing!! its been improved greatly! everything from the voice and speed and the voice recognition its brilliant!! best bit though i was about to put some music on from my iPhone through the AUX input but by accident pressed play before i connected and was amazed!! it streamed through the new Bluethooth unit too the car Speakers!! I couldnt do that before with the other model and always wondered why, when if it can stream voice audio it couldnt do music. So pleased as before I got the sudden urge after a test drive to buy an iQ I had asked for a bluetooth stereo for my Aygo for christmas!

I'm presuming that it uses bluetooth to stream the music from your iPhone and you don't actually plug into the aux socket???

Hi Wez_kc,

Welcome on this forum and congratulations on your purchase.

You call that a "few" extra's, I think it's a lot.

Merry Christmas to you too,

Ruud

Hi Ruud thanks for the welcome! Yeah the dealer said it was one of the longest order forms he has had lol I just wanted to get the lot then I don't really need to add any bits apart from a decent light! Omg that is crap lol by the way like all your extras you've fitted looks well!

I was pleasently surprised when i checked my new purchase today to find an iQ branded version! looks a lot different, I like the look and the branding (will add pic later) of it, if im honest though think I prefer the silver model before the one that is in the iQ brochure. But the added functionality is amazing!! its been improved greatly! everything from the voice and speed and the voice recognition its brilliant!! best bit though i was about to put some music on from my iPhone through the AUX input but by accident pressed play before i connected and was amazed!! it streamed through the new Bluethooth unit too the car speakers!! I couldnt do that before with the other model and always wondered why, when if it can stream voice audio it couldnt do music. So pleased as before I got the sudden urge after a test drive to buy an iQ I had asked for a bluetooth stereo for my Aygo for christmas!

I'm presuming that it uses bluetooth to stream the music from your iphone and you don't actually plug into the aux socket???

yeah your right any device that supports A2DP bluetooth streaming will work! I think you can even have a seprate phone and music device linked at the same time!

sounds really good, may have to investigate it for my iQ3! Enjoy your car, only had mine a month but love it, my wife has an 09 Aygo Black which she's loving too! Cheers ;)

sounds really good, may have to investigate it for my iQ3! Enjoy your car, only had mine a month but love it, my wife has an 09 Aygo Black which she's loving too! Cheers ;)

Everybody seems to really love there iQ's! Very reassuring! The only thing that annoys me is that ballpoint pen light! Has anyone found a decent touch on Battery interior light? Like a dome type for in the center of the car that looks decent? Can't be doin with the stress of wiring one in. I've checked the forum and can only find info on ones that have been fitted in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links