Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's All This About Waving?

Funkadelic

I wave... or flash at other '2 owners...

I've had one flash at me before... the majority I wave/flash at just ignore me... ignorant people !

It's a "thing" that sports car drivers do .. obviously not a thing Vectra drivers doo - as their arms would fall off ..

I always wave or flash <fnar>

Same here. Actually it's also a thing Landie drivers do. It's all about having a vehicle that is slightly different to the norm.

I don't know what is with the waving but I know that i don't have to do any of it with the fact I must be the only one cool enough to own a 2 in my town. So I wave at my buddy with the only supra in town and his brother with the only rx-7 in town and my other friend with one of 4 240sx's in town. But i don't have any 2's to wave too. :crybaby: Its so much easier to have a nice unique import in the states. :D

In my parents town, I thought I would be the only person with a MR2... so when I saw one round the town centre I drove past it ( two lane one way road )... opened my window and waved frantically... probably that I was a right spoon.... lol

I notice tho that all the MR2's I've seen so far are all N/A's. My car is the only turbo I've seen anywhere.

seen a lot and to be fair their mostly n/a's like mine.

Saw a nice red one with f50 style bonnet scoops etc. and the owner came out as me and my m8's were commenting on it. he was a bit of a ubik tho, almost walked straight in2 me, then pressed on his remote unlocker to open it, then closed it again just to say "Yep, she's mine!" ah well, saw another 2 round the corner mite havta try and find the owner of that.

-Z

I doubt I'd wave to be honest just because someone has the same car.

I would probably just look and think to myself "hmmm nice car" :)

Only had the car back two days...

Another MR2 flashed me from the opposite side of the road last night (unfortunately i was hammering it and didn't have time to flash back) and a lady waved at me this morning in her MR2, so it seems people do still do it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links