Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil And Intercooler Issue Help!

saw

hi i'm new here and i hope dat dis is the right place 2 post this. i've recently been given a hilux(2.5L DOHC Turbo Diesel) by my uncle who wants 2 get a new vehicle. so its all cool and i really like it. thing is sumtin bout the oil and turdo intercooler is bothering me. it was my fren actually who had a nissan frontier for some time now and he recently suffered a loss of power.so, after the mechanic checked it was due to oil sludge clogging the intercooler, thereby losing power, the oil sludge is from the pcv which carries the oil vapor back to the intake. he had done about 30,000km(18641miles) on his b4 this issue happened. so the mechanic suggested to install an oil trap before the intercooler(pcv hose connected to oil trap then from oil trap to intercooler), dis will help to clean the air as in trapping the oil vapor in the oil trap, the oil vapor condenses and settles in the trap as liquid, so dis does not allow a chance for the oil 2 build up in the intercooler. so all seems fine now and v can actually c sum small amount of oil trapped in the oil trap & the intercooler's clean

the main issue dat i hv now is dat weather my hilux will hv the same issue since i hv a turbo intercooler as well, the engine design type has sum similarities & mine's about 25,000km(15534miles) on the meter. but juz to b safe i'm deciding 2 install the oil trap in my hilux as well. thing is, is it suitable & needed 4 a hilux? or is there a specific 1 built 4 hilux?(the 1 dat my fren installed is an OEM version) r there any side effects to it? any1 here has the same problem or hv installed it b4 or noe sum1 who does? i need some expert advice & opinion here since i' not too familier wit 4wheelers & pickup trucks in general.

tho regarding oil traps i noe dat sum cars like the Volvo V70 GLT has it.

so any1 pls give me a hand here, i'm worried sick bout my hilux here. thanks i noe dat my post is long but pls bear wit me

hi i'm new here and i hope dat dis is the right place 2 post this. i've recently been given a hilux(2.5L DOHC Turbo Diesel) by my uncle who wants 2 get a new vehicle. so its all cool and i really like it. thing is sumtin bout the oil and turdo intercooler is bothering me. it was my fren actually who had a nissan frontier for some time now and he recently suffered a loss of power.so, after the mechanic checked it was due to oil sludge clogging the intercooler, thereby losing power, the oil sludge is from the pcv which carries the oil vapor back to the intake. he had done about 30,000km(18641miles) on his b4 this issue happened. so the mechanic suggested to install an oil trap before the intercooler(pcv hose connected to oil trap then from oil trap to intercooler), dis will help to clean the air as in trapping the oil vapor in the oil trap, the oil vapor condenses and settles in the trap as liquid, so dis does not allow a chance for the oil 2 build up in the intercooler. so all seems fine now and v can actually c sum small amount of oil trapped in the oil trap & the intercooler's clean

the main issue dat i hv now is dat weather my hilux will hv the same issue since i hv a turbo intercooler as well, the engine design type has sum similarities & mine's about 25,000km(15534miles) on the meter. but juz to b safe i'm deciding 2 install the oil trap in my hilux as well. thing is, is it suitable & needed 4 a hilux? or is there a specific 1 built 4 hilux?(the 1 dat my fren installed is an OEM version) r there any side effects to it? any1 here has the same problem or hv installed it b4 or noe sum1 who does? i need some expert advice & opinion here since i' not too familier wit 4wheelers & pickup trucks in general.

tho regarding oil traps i noe dat sum cars like the Volvo V70 GLT has it.

so any1 pls give me a hand here, i'm worried sick bout my hilux here. thanks i noe dat my post is long but pls bear wit me

i can't see a trap doing any damage, sounds like a good idea.................but i always change the oil inbetween services anyway to be on the safe side,

prevent sludge (moisture) build up by chainging oil, and by using the correct viscosity.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links