Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help On Genuine Toyota Lowering Springs

MattIQ

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could please assist with my query?

I ordered the set of genuine Toyota IQ Lowering Springs (25mm) from my main Toyota dealer in Wakefield (Benfield).

They used the part number PZ494-I0721-00 which is the correct fitment for my vehicle.

When the items arrived I collected them and walked out, the next day I gave them to my local garage (non-dealer) to fit, along with the Installation Instructions from the Toyota Technical website (AIM 001 470-0). He did the back ones ok, but noticed that Toyota had supplied the incorrect springs for the front - they'd sent the ones for the IQ diesel/IQ3.

Here's the details from the doc.

Front Springs: PZ494-I0721-01 - for petrol IQ

Front Springs: PZ494-I0720-01 - for diesel IQ or IQ3

Rear Springs: PZ494-I0720-02 - same for both Petrol and Diesel IQ / IQ3

The part number is written on the actual spring so I can see that it is wrong for my car.

After ringing Benfield back up, they said they'd order another set in. They arrived this morning, but they rang to tell me that the same ones had been sent out again. Someone there is trying to find out more detail.

So can the ones for the diesel be fitted? Why can't they order the right ones?

I'd rather not ring the Toyota Technical helpline at £1.50/min, so any info or help you can provide would be welcomed.

I have a 2009 Toyota IQ 1.0 base model (not IQ2 or IQ3)

Thanks in advance and regards

Matt

The diesel springs will be too stiff for a petrol IQ. The spring rate will be alot stronger as the diesel engine is much heavier than a petrol engine due to its contruction.

Your problem could be one of two reasons. The part number on the parts catalogue may be wrong, and because the car/parts are so new it hasn't been discovered yet.

The other reason could be because you are using Benfield in Wakefield :eek: . I had a very bad experience with them, and will never go back.

But, they have supplied the wrong parts, so they should be willing to sort things out for you. I would ask them to phone Toyota and check why the wrong parts are being sent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links