Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nightmare Suspension

hardcore21

Hiya all!! i'm some what of a newbie when it comes to mr2's, i'v had mine for 6 months now...... it was a couple of weeks ago i noticed that the ride just wasn't quite right, every thing i seemed to hit on the road (pot holes not pedesrtians) :eek: would just back the car bounce, a realy hard/soft ride i don't quite know how to describe it!!!

any way i had my shocks checked out,and surprise surprise 2 have gone!!!! :censor: so my next move was to get new shock and springs, when the guy in the garage went to change them he then told me that they were a seal unit and the parts that i had bought "weren't gonna work" :help:

so then i went and bought used complete struts, now these 2 parts (shocks and struts) and not marrying up!!!! :censor: the shocks fit inside of the casing but stick out about 3/16 of an inch to much so the cap will not seal properly!!!! :o

I just need some help and advice has anyone else been through this? if so how did you overcome it?

my only other option is to buy a complete leg and the only company that want to know at the moment is bilstien? and they want £187 per leg? i'll do this as a last resort, cause the funds are a bit short!

yo yes b4 i forget its a '90 2.0 16v n/t import. :crybaby:

thanxs! :thumbsup:

checkout the fensport web site, few options there and i believe it sates whats rebuildable and whats not www.fensport.co.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links