Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.2 Cd Changer Info Please

rpaterson

Hi Folks,

My wife fancies a CD changer for her RAV4.2. I believe that there's a 6-disc unit that I guess fits under the passenger seat. My questions are;

Where's best to get one?

How much?

Are there any non-OE units that are compatible?

Thank you :)

Hi Folks,

My wife fancies a CD changer for her RAV4.2. I believe that there's a 6-disc unit that I guess fits under the passenger seat. My questions are;

Where's best to get one?

How much?

Are there any non-OE units that are compatible?

Thank you :)

Hi

i am after the same thing for my wife , have you had any luck with this ?

regards

phil

The one in my old VX was designated TM0461. part number appears to be 08601-00911 and there is an old part number listed as 08601-00892, but double check.

Sometimes they come up on eBay.

You will probably need a harness from the head unit to the changer. Possibly the part number is 08689-00811 or 08695-00260, but don't take that as gospel, I could very well be wrong.

You can also use 3rd party changers, via a conversion interface, for example here:

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/CD_Products...yota_CD_Changer.

Or you might want something a bit more modern, e.g. something that plays mp3s for example? Aux adapters exist that emulate a cd changer, that you can plug an audio source into (e.g. a small mp3 player). As an example, have a look at www.connects2.com.

I'm not specifically recommending any of these companies, just using them as examples.

Cheers

Cool, thanks for that. The standard head unit seems to play MP3 CDs OK so I may just bung a load of MP3 tracks onto CDs instead of going down the changer route.

What Head unit do you have fitted? I didn't think the standard unit on the RAV4.2 played MP3s? and in fact, on a 02 plate RAV4 (I'm assuming the car your wife has is the car in your sig) the head unit would typically be a Radio/Cassette rather then a Radio/CD?

Anyways, back on subject, as SHCM has mentioned, eBay can be a good source of the changers but the required cable is tricky to find and as a solution becomes very expensive unless you get lucky! a head-unit playing MP3s is a lot more useful then a basic CD-Changer IMO so you are sorted anyways :)

I may well be showing my AV ignorsnce here, I thought that if it played copied CDs then it would play MP3s. The unit is the standard double DIN in an '02 NRG.

Just been messing about trying to put mp3's onto a disk and using it in the TM-0461 6 disk changer and it plays them. Hell , I have had the car over 7 years and didn't know that.

edit:looking at the files they seem to have become .cda from mp3 when I've put them on a disk. Need to have a look further.

I may well be showing my AV ignorsnce here, I thought that if it played copied CDs then it would play MP3s. The unit is the standard double DIN in an '02 NRG.

ah, not necessarily  :)

If you make your own CDs from say iTunes and chose the option to make an Audio CD, then it will make the tracks in a format that should be playable in most modern CD Players but these are not MP3s.

The Toyota CD Changer for that model is not MP3 compatible either I am sure.  It depends on what end result you are after, but the most cost effective way to get lots of music at your fingertips is probably get an different aftermarket headunit which chances are will play MP3s of a CD, and take an 3.5mm input from an MP3 player or even had a USB input where you could buy a supercheap 8GB memory stick for around £15 and fill it up with tunes  :thumbsup:

You would lose a very inaccurate fuel computer though  :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links