Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Vs Urban Cruiser

Somchart

My IQ is in for some modifications and we got an Urban Cruiser as a loaner.

Now, both of these cars have the same engine (1.33) and I guess the same gearbox as well.

The ratio may not, however.

How come the Urban Cruiser feels twice as fast as my IQ?

Does anyone know what Toyota has modified with the 1.33 engine when they installed it in

the IQ, the only thing I have noticed is that they have toned it down a bit giving it less

torque.

I guess the question could also be if any IQ is slower than any other Toyota model with

the same engine. If so, why?

I am not asking this because I am looking for performance from my IQ, I am rather

interested in what modifications Toyota has done to the engines they put in the IQs.

The engine is the same, only

Urban Cruiser <> iQ

Consumption: 4,9 Liter/100km <> 4,2

Power (6000 rpm) : 74 kW <> 72 kW

Torque: 132 Nm (3800 rpm) <> 123 Nm (4400 rpm)

Max speed: 175 km/h <> 170 (electr. redused)

Acceleration (0-100 km/h): 12,5 sec <> 11,8

Weight: 1225 kg <> 1020

:unsure:

The engine is the same, only

Urban Cruiser <> iQ

Consumption: 4,9 Liter/100km <> 4,2

Power (6000 rpm) : 74 kW <> 72 kW

Torque: 132 Nm (3800 rpm) <> 123 Nm (4400 rpm)

Max speed: 175 km/h <> 170 (electr. redused)

Acceleration (0-100 km/h): 12,5 sec <> 11,8

Weight: 1225 kg <> 1020

:unsure:

Thanks La-La, I guess the Urban Cruiser feels faster because its maximum torque is lower in revs

than on the IQ. Or maybe because my IQ has just 280 miles on the odometer!

Hmmm.. I wonder why they changed the engine at all, I guess its just another engine program

and not any hardware difference.

Anyone have any experience with an IQ 1.0 and an Aygo 1.0?

Yes had 05 Aygo, 09 Aygo Blue and now iQ2 1.0. I found the Aygo a little nippier in the city stopping and starting at lights etc. but once up to speed I found that the iQ is a lot more comftable at crusing and seems to have more Torque in higher gears. Though I must add its easy to go a little mad on the motorway as the limits dont feel as fast in the iQ due to the supior refinement, my Aygo felt (and sounded) fast at 40! I find it has to be driven a lot different the iQ but the longer gearing is growing on me now.

Anyone have any experience with an IQ 1.0 and an Aygo 1.0?

The Aygo puts out more CO2 and it is lighter, so I guess the engine is tuned for a little more grunt. It does feel that way to drive, although I've only driven a new iQ so the engine was probably a little tight.

The Aygo is probably slightly better handling out of the box, but doesn't have the refinement, so you decide which you would rather have.

I heard there was a chance that one (or more!) of the iQ crowd might turn up at the Toyota Sprint Series so we might get the exciting spectacle of Aygo vs. iQ and see which one is the best on the track B)

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links