Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got Aftermarket Wheels On A 4.3? Photos Please?

sywy

Here's a couple of pics, as promised. They're pretty similar to the originals.

rav1.jpg

rav2.jpg

Good choice simon , they look very well . And a bargain compared to the RFT s .

Sorry dont know hows best to store them .

Mick :thumbsup:

Simon, I think they suit it very well. :yes:

Just out of curiosity, where the TPMS is concerned, have you done any journeys since changing wheels, where the engine has been running for more than 1 hour?

Really smart Si :toast: Not too different from originals, but different enough to make a difference :unsure: Great choice IMHO + no more runflats :thumbsup::yahoo::toast::yes::drool::clap::driving::toot::toot::yahoo:

I would reckon store your tyres flat + slightly deflate them..Storing tyres LINK

Just out of curiosity, where the TPMS is concerned, have you done any journeys since changing wheels, where the engine has been running for more than 1 hour?

Thanks. No I have not done a journey over 1 hour yet.

Really smart Si :toast: Not too different from originals, but different enough to make a difference :unsure: Great choice IMHO + no more runflats :thumbsup::yahoo::toast::yes::drool::clap::driving::toot::toot::yahoo:

I would reckon store your tyres flat + slightly deflate them..Storing tyres LINK

Thanks. And thanks for the link.

Nice wheels there sywy..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No held to ransom now by the Toyota RFT tyres..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: "In ya Face Toyota"

Oh and Local.... we can arrange the royalty payment for using my Hummer photo 30" wheels photo ;) ;)

They are a perfect suite for it Simes..................

..........and the shackles are off!!!

Oh and Local.... we can arrange the royalty payment for using my Hummer photo 30" wheels photo ;) ;)
Apologies Chatters, send me the bill + while your at it I've USED this one a few times as well.. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Bikini-Carwash-Babe-98.jpg

Has she got any t..........

......eeth. You thought I was going to say t..........

.....oes didn't you.

The deed is now done :D

Went with the 18" rimfires and Geolanders for £775 all in, which I thought was a very good deal. Just driven home, and I think the ride is a little bit softer, but they are definitely quieter (less road noise). Will try to take some photos tomorrow, when it is light.

Now I just need to get a tyre repair kit? Any recommendations?

Also, how is best to store my old wheels/tyres? Standing up or laying flat? Should I defate them or anything?

LIDL has i wheel storing thingy for sale for £5.99 it looks good quality for the money . They dont take much space up either .

Mick :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. No I have not done a journey over 1 hour yet.

Thanks. And thanks for the link.

Hows the lamp situation.... TPMS still off?

TPMS lamp is still off :)

However, I still haven't done a journey over an hour yet. Not sure what the significance of that is.

However, I still haven't done a journey over an hour yet. Not sure what the significance of that is.

I asked about the hour, because I was intrigued as to why the lamp wasn't coming on.

The system documentation is not the clearest. DTCs should be stored in the ECU when it doesn't hear valve transmissions after a certain period. However there are statements of:

"DTCs are detected when no signals are received for 51 minutes or more, after a vehicle speed of 5 mph (8 km/h) or more is detected and no signals are received for 12 minutes or more"

and

"When no signal are received for 60 minutes or more, a DTC is output"

So, you'd kind of expect DTCs after 12 minutes of driving, but certainly after 1 hour. Perhaps it stores DTCs but doesn't put the lamp on. However, it is a strange safety related system that doesn't flag the fact that part of the system is missing/not functioning properly.

However, it is a strange safety related system that doesn't flag the fact that part of the system is missing/not functioning properly.

Oh No...................................not cause for another recall :unsure:

It seems that it will eventually come on and an easy solution might not be available immediately. However, the electronics guru (read that as shcm) has given it some consideration so watch this space.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the TPMS lamp. I drove to the Trafford Centre on Sunday, and the TMPS light came on after just over an hour. It's still flashing now, 2 days later :( At the moment, I'm just ignoring it. Anyone figured out how to disable it yet?

My best guess is a 1 wire harness disconnect at the instrument pack and a resistor to ground in its place, as I tried to explain (and probably failed miserably) here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107483&view=findpost&p=977119

Only a guess though. I'd need to play with one to be sure or really work out what is going on.

Thanks shcm. It doesn't mean much to me though!!

I might be willing let you play with my car, if you really wanted? As long as it doesn't blow up or anything!! :eek:

He patches them up after they've exploded Simes.

He patches them up after they've exploded Simes.

Cheeky b****r! There was nothing wrong with the last one, after I'd looked at it: :rolleyes: :D.

5-22-06_uae_b.jpg

Anyway Anchs, how's that book you are writing? ;). Are you sticking with the title "Engine Rebuilds With Only a Lump Hammer?" :P

Simon, it is mostly idle curiosity on my part, but you might not be too far away, so I'd take a look one of the days if you want. Probably the easiest is to unscrew/clip the instrument pack - not too difficult (or dangerous!), I've done it before. Always try to be careful and especially so, when it is somebody else's vehicle. :thumbsup:

That cabin filter lay in the road looks disgusting - should be ashamed of themselves. Novel way of getting it out, I usually drop the glove box down.

If I'm free on the day I'll come down and help you pull the dash out like Big Kev showed me. I usually cover the lump hammer with cloth for internal work!!!

If I'm free on the day I'll come down and help you pull the dash out like Big Kev showed me.

Whenever you want :thumbsup: Down to Simon, if he really does want us messing, sure we can arrange something?

Hi Guys, sorry for late reply. Am currently in London with the family, for the end of half-term. Was at Legoland today. Expensive!! Sounds like we're having a RAV4 meet? I'm easy at the moment, as I'm unemployed again :( Need to get her a 40k service in the next week or so, so will see if Mr T will do anything about it. Otherwise I'm reasonably happy to let you guys tinker ... :eek:

Don't worry Simes, if he decides to remove the cabin filter the noisy way I'll stand well back with you. We work well as a team do shcm and I, the last time we had minimal bits left over - you're in good hands!!!

We need to tie up rest days and we'll make a date.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links