Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Italian Mot Check

jedi134

Hi does anyone know how to check an Italian registered car, for its old MOT`s?

In the UK you can use this Site

All you need is the Reg and the V5 reference number which can be found on the V5 form of course.

Do the Italians have a similar website, or does anyone know how I can trace the service history or MOT`s for and Italian registerd car.

You mean the Italians bother with MOTs!!!

'fraid I can't help on that one but its probably a TUV style test if it exists.

Well I belive so, whats a TUV style test? Is it a "well you`ve got 4 wheels, and your lights work, so you`ve passed" type test?

I asked one of my Italian colleagues. We call him "pasta boy", but he gives as good as he gets and it doesn't bother him. At least.......I don't think it does :unsure:, although I did wake up with a horse's head on my pillow once, but that's another story :fear:

Anyway, this is probably not what you want, (we got bored trying to find the MOT bit):

You can check a vehicle history here (but you have to pay) Auto Club Italia:

http://www.aci.it/index.php?id=63

click on Visure Pra, enter numberplate or Numero di Telaio (VIN)

You can do a free vehicle tax history check here:

http://www1.agenziaentrate.it/servizi/boll...nePagamenti.htm

"Pasta Boy" says you can't tax without the MOT, but you can be late paying the tax, in which case they charge you interest. Generally, if you take the vehicle "off road" like our SORN, it is a pain in the **** to re-tax it. It has to go through an inspection a bit like a kit car would here, before it can be re-taxed. So it's a bit unusual to get a gap in the tax record, apparently.

official Italian "DVLA" site (motorizzazione Civile) is here:

http://www.trasporti.gov.it/page/NuovoSito...=cm&p_pag=4

As with all things governmental, the site is not great to navigate. This is where we got bored looking.

MOT is every 2 years after first 4.

Perhaps some of our Italian member would comment.

arrivederci

Thanks for the help SHCM, but I`m finding it hard to understand, and the reg I input does not show anything up. If I PM you the Reg and VIN do you think you would be able to pull any information of for me., Maybe "Pasta Boy" will find it easier??

The 1st site I cannot find where in input Reg and VIN My live search addon cannot translate the page as its in java format is this the right section HERE

The 2nd site does not recognise anything I input, ie. does not find any info, not sure if im doing it right.

and the 3rd site I found myself also but was not very usefull to me.

Not if you keep calling them names SHCM :unsure:

Wouldn't dream of it! :)

It's only my mate I'm calling names and he calls me worse back! :yes:

Anyway, we did a fairly thorough tax payment search with the stuff you PM'ed me, but nothing came up. Worked for my mates car though (Italian reg).

Sorry, probably can't be much more help :unsure:

O well, Thanks for trying any way.

you trying to sell a Fiat?? :lol: :lol:

LOL!!!!! meatball thats a funny name :D , I like meatballs :thumbsup:

You would`nt happen to know how to chase up an Italian registered Vehicles servce history and MOT`s by any chance would you, miss meatball!!!!

O well, Thanks for trying any way.

you trying to sell a Fiat?? :lol: :lol:

Not selling but buying, not an Italian make thou.

Jedi, can't help you on the MOT thing, my dad may be able to though, I'll give him a bell in the morning and ask him, or I'll mail my uncle in Italy for you if you like?

(also....bite me.)

:)

Jedi, can't help you on the MOT thing, my dad may be able to though, I'll give him a bell in the morning and ask him, or I'll mail my uncle in Italy for you if you like?

(also....bite me.)

Thanks that would be great, I could supply him with the cars details if thats any help.

"(also......bite me)"

I would if I could :yes:

My dad said he's got no idea, having lived over here for the last forty five years!! I'll mail my uncle.

He'll know, he lives over there.

"(also......bite me)"

I would if I could

I wouldn't taste very nice. Quite garlicky I imagine.

Haha, I rang my Uncle, he said "Don't buy it, it's a FIAT!!!!"

:D

He also just gave me the same site SHCM gave you.

Sorry :( only other thing I can think is that I have an Italian mechanic, I could ask him, or give you his number?

He speaka da good eengaleesh.

Are you sure Italian cars are checked? I didn't know they were street legal when they left the factory.

I once had the fastest journey in reverse with a colleague (Italian Account Manager) which was for about 1/4 mile on the motorway. I didn't like it but I do know an Alfa will do about 40mph in reverse.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links