Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Wondering

tom who?

hi all, just wondering what is the longest none stop trip you have done in the MR 2, i have a 1300 mls round trip comming and not realy looking forward to it.

cheers for your thoughts.....tom

I drive back home to Scotland in mine but thats only 240 miles.. brilliant drive tho but I normally end up with soggy armpits from bricking it!

Probably about a 600 mile round trip in my old rev2, no worries at all. I love the SW-20 driving position and snug interior.

I only find fatigue sets in when driving at night do to the low seating and rubbish headlights :( - Although the rev 2 was quite buzzy on the motorway (for some reason my other half's rev 3 seem less so, different rations perhaps?)

hi, phew i'm glad you said about the headlights, i thought it was just mine that were crap, and like you say the engine noise dose get a bit weary after a while on the motorway, i think its time to talk my way out of this trip.

cheers guys......tom

Don't have a silly loud exhaust like me then!!.. I one drove for 4 hours with the T-Bar glass out on motorways and A roads.. I had a monster headache from the wind noise and my exhaust!!.. was fun tho!!

I drove 1500 Miles one way in the US from Massachusetts to Florida with another person. The car was packed with luggage...Frunk, Trunk, Behind seats... It wasnt that bad except for the really loud exhaust at 80MPH for 6 hours at a time... lol.But then again a 22 hour drive isnt pleasant anytime. Especially when your the only driver ;-) Didnt have speed control either, but thats a good thing cause it kept me busy =-D I have a REV 2 and the low beams suck, but the high beams are awesome...

post-5903-1264074107_thumb.jpg

post-5903-1264074816_thumb.jpg

hi, just another thought, never having to find out yet.......if i get a puncture will the wheel i take off the car fit in where the spare is, had one car where if you got a puncture the wheel you took off had to go in the boot, so if you had a boot full of luggage you were kind of stuffed.

cheers.......tom

hi, just another thought, never having to find out yet.......if i get a puncture will the wheel i take off the car fit in where the spare is, had one car where if you got a puncture the wheel you took off had to go in the boot, so if you had a boot full of luggage you were kind of stuffed.

cheers.......tom

I have a spare 17" Rim in where the spare would sit... Fits fine no problem.

I drove 1500 Miles one way in the US from Massachusetts to Florida with another person. The car was packed with luggage...Frunk, Trunk, Behind seats... It wasnt that bad except for the really loud exhaust at 80MPH for 6 hours at a time... lol.But then again a 22 hour drive isnt pleasant anytime. Especially when your the only driver ;-) Didnt have speed control either, but thats a good thing cause it kept me busy =-D I have a REV 2 and the low beams suck, but the high beams are awesome...

That paintwork looks as if its just rolled out of the showroom! Very very nice. Not overly keen on the Veilside kit but that colour is smashing! :)

And to the original poster... I have driven my MR2 from England to the Nurburgring in Germany.. tracked it and then drove back to England in the space of 4 days! :)

hi, the only reason i asked about a long trip was because i never use the MR2, maybe on a sunny day, its done 5mls since dec 6th when i took it for its mot, and has done just over 38k from new, so i thought it would be a good excuse to get the cobwebs off it. anyway 3 weeks to go.

cheers guys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links