Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haynes Manual For Rav4 D4d 4.3 2006 Model

VYBZ

Hi all

It's been a while since I last posted on the site. My car is due its 40,000 intermediate service. Toyota rang me and notified me of this fact and told me they can do the service for me for £198 all in :o . I asked the service man what they changed/ replace and topped up for the intimidate service and was told just the oil and oil filter. They would also do visual inspections and report on anything else. I personally know an oil and oil filter doesn’t cost that much and isn’t a hard job to change so £198 seems some what excessive. My question to you all is does any know where I can get a Toyota Rav4 Haynes manual for diesel models on 2006 (56 plate) onwards :unsure: as I cant find any anywhere? alternitively how hard/easy is it to do an old change on a Rav4 and if the inspection light on the dash comes on (it has not as yet as I've only done 45,000 miles and not 50,000. Toyota serviced my Rav4 at 35,000miles when I brought it hence the service intervals are out by 5000 miles) in the future can it be reselt or does Toyota have to do this?

Regards

If you mean the oil change reminder, this can be reset as follows:

• Set the multi-information to TRIP A.
  • Turn the ignition switch off.
  • Press and hold the ODO / TRIP switch, and turn the ignition switch on.
  • After turning the ignition switch on (IG), keep holding the switch for at least 5 seconds.

There isn't a Haynes manual. All the tech info can be had at this pay site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com

The oil change is fairly easy.

Did Toyota do a "major" service @35k in lieu of the one at 40k? Off the top of my head, I think there is a fuel filter change @ 40K as well.

If you mean the oil change reminder, this can be reset as follows:

• Set the multi-information to TRIP A.
  • Turn the ignition switch off.
  • Press and hold the ODO / TRIP switch, and turn the ignition switch on.
  • After turning the ignition switch on (IG), keep holding the switch for at least 5 seconds.

There isn't a Haynes manual. All the tech info can be had at this pay site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com

The oil change is fairly easy.

Did Toyota do a "major" service @35k in lieu of the one at 40k? Off the top of my head, I think there is a fuel filter change @ 40K as well.

Thank you for your reply. After Toyota called me to say my 40k service was due I called another Toyota garage (this garage although a Toyota garage is not part of the Toyota sytner group) and it was £10 cheaper but only changed the oil and oil filter as well. Now that you have told me about the filter I shall double check.

Thanx again for your help.

Every 10k it gets an oil change and inspection. Every 20k it gets the same but with a transfer box and diff oil change. They also recommend a brake fluid and cabin filter change but charge extra for these. The instructions for changing the oil are pinned at the top of the page and the website shcm has directed you to costs about £3 an hour and is far more comprehensive than any Haynes guide. You can download an awful lot in an hour!!!

Every 10k it gets an oil change and inspection. Every 20k it gets the same but with a transfer box and diff oil change. They also recommend a brake fluid and cabin filter change but charge extra for these. The instructions for changing the oil are pinned at the top of the page and the website shcm has directed you to costs about £3 an hour and is far more comprehensive than any Haynes guide. You can download an awful lot in an hour!!!

Thanx for your advice, I have just one more question for you. When you say "The instructions for changing the oil are pinned at the top of the page" which page are you referring too? :huh: . Is it the page on the website shcm directed me too or was it on your previous reply (I can’t find it on it)?

Thanx

Is it the page on the website shcm directed me too or was it on your previous reply (I can’t find it on it)?

What AM really means is the pinned "Technical Information/hints & Tips" section at the top of the RAV page on here. Have a click on there - a lot of useful stuff in it.

Here's a direct link to it:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71649

Here's a direct link to the oil change info in there:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81467

Cheers :thumbsup:

Is it the page on the website shcm directed me too or was it on your previous reply (I can’t find it on it)?

What AM really means is the pinned "Technical Information/hints & Tips" section at the top of the RAV page on here. Have a click on there - a lot of useful stuff in it.

Here's a direct link to it:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71649

Here's a direct link to the oil change info in there:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81467

Cheers :thumbsup:

Theres me searching around like a fool :lol: . Thanx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links