Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 .3 Towbar

rangermastiffs

I am looking to have a towbar fitted to my 4.3

Sure there must be a thread somewhere on this subject??

can someone point me in direction of thread and save me from 're-inventing' the wheel !!

Ta. ;)

I am looking to have a towbar fitted to my 4.3

Sure there must be a thread somewhere on this subject??

can someone point me in direction of thread and save me from 're-inventing' the wheel !!

Ta. ;)

You can have fixed or detachable bar if no spare wheel on door ,fixed no good if spare wheel because no. plate is in bumper.

we tow a caravan so have gone for detachable because ball is higher, fixed ok for small trailor but is lower so you can open rear

door, ive booked mine to local fitting centre to have Brink bar fitted which is suposed to be same as toyota £375.00 + vat

inc. new type 13 pin dedicated wiring kit.

I think there are quite a few posts on this forum about towbars on 4.3 cars, both from DIY-ers (like myself) and people who have had them fitted by a Toyota dealer or aftermarket supplier. The prices seem to have come down substantially from the £700+VAT we were initially quoted so DIY hardly seems worth it now.

It took my husband and me the better part of a day to do it but it was fairly straightforward, thanks to the good and kind advice we got other forum members.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links