Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Front Bumper

Offroadster

Hi guys. Has anyone removed/ refitted the front bumper on T180 ? Car was parked in Asda car park and somebody has hit the driver side bumper. A few scuffs and scratches that should polish out but the bumper is sitting a little low around the light. You can push it up and it clicks in but will pop out again under its own weight. Iam unsure whether a clip or something has been broken off. Had the wheel liner out but nothing obvious. Grateful for any help.

Front_bumper.pdf

The bumper is dead easy to get off and you can have a proper look. It will probably go back OK There are plastic claws that are detached where you describe and they need to be pushed firmly. I have attached the instructions and you will see there are various brackets behind which might want "teasing" back into shape. Be sure to use masking tape as shown and get somebody to lift it off and back on with you.

Front_bumper.pdf

The bumper is dead easy to get off and you can have a proper look. It will probably go back OK There are plastic claws that are detached where you describe and they need to be pushed firmly. I have attached the instructions and you will see there are various brackets behind which might want "teasing" back into shape. Be sure to use masking tape as shown and get somebody to lift it off and back on with you.

Thanks Anchorman, just what i needed. I can see the "claws" through the gap but cant get the bumper to stay on. Looks like busy tomorrow removing the whole bumper

Front_bumper.pdf

Thanks Anchorman, just what i needed. I can see the "claws" through the gap but cant get the bumper to stay on. Looks like busy tomorrow removing the whole bumper

Just a couple of extra tips:

Make sure you have a blanket or somesuch to lay the bumper on when you get it off - it isn't heavy if you have help but it is quite big and awkward.

From memory, if you have fog lights you will need to undo the conectors to get the bumper fully off but you can't easily get to them until the bumper is part way off.

As Anchorman says, use plenty of protective tape too.

Front_bumper.pdf

Just a couple of extra tips:

Make sure you have a blanket or somesuch to lay the bumper on when you get it off - it isn't heavy if you have help but it is quite big and awkward.

From memory, if you have fog lights you will need to undo the conectors to get the bumper fully off but you can't easily get to them until the bumper is part way off.

As Anchorman says, use plenty of protective tape too.

Thanks Davrav, prob going to leave it until next week as need the car on Sunday. Dont wont to take it off just incase any bits are missing or need replaced and not getting them over the weekend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links