Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recall In The Usa

richard price

I was going to post something about this, I read something on a US site the day before we bought our car! Did worry me a little, but mines an 04 and according to that article they're recalling the 09/10 models....although, I noticed on occasion that my old Rav 4 (00) used to spring forward sometimes when I took my foot off the accelerator and moved it to the brake, I'd find myself moving slowly towards traffic lights and then suddenly speeding up as I was trying to brake, as I was beginning to depress the clutch....very odd!!! I'm sure it has nothing to do with that though..although it has worried me a little.

:(

Good info.

However, not sure if this affects RHD models but no doubt we will find out soon.

Think it could have anything to do with cruise control? Was reading a couple of comments and one person said it happened on her 13yr old Toyota 4 Runner on several occasions after she'd used cruise control.

I think I'm probably more worried than most because I don't have the mechanical knowledge to reason things out in a logical way, and I keep thinking about safety with having the children in the car.

Wish we could have some answers soon :unsure:

The cruise on a 2006 RAV is independant of the accelerator pedal. In any case it doesn't affect yours r4mp.

funny - I thought the pedal only had an off position and an on position! :lol: And as for jumping forward at lights, I do that all the time...normally with the 2 front wheels off the ground :eek: There again, its normally at the light tree at the racing track! :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links