Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Petrol In Rav

XTR 55

What octane petrol can my 2005 rav safely use, without any adjustments. Can't seem to find appropriate info anywhere. I was going to use Shell V-power '99 ron' but want to make sure first.

What octane petrol can my 2005 rav safely use, without any adjustments. Can't seem to find appropriate info anywhere. I was going to use Shell V-power '99 ron' but want to make sure first.

The little sticky label inside the filler flap of my 4.2 2.0 says 'unleaded' so that is what it gets, Shell usually so I can get the airmiles ;) . Seems to be OK so far. Not tried the petrol v-power stuff. Did a test a while back with the diesel stuff and it did give better mpg but not enough to cover the extra cost.

Mike D

Regular unleaded petrol is what your car requires.... anything else would quite frankly be a waste of money :huh:

I think an evaluation is required. I use high grade diesel in mine and I can say without question it runs better. I don't suggest for one minute that the extra price is recouped in additional mileage. It depends what you want. My EGR valve only had a light coating of soft soot while others are known to have clogged. Maybe it is a contributing factor.

Petrol is a different matter and you RAV will run happily on 99 octane without problems. You would have to try to see if there are any worthwhile gains IMO.

Generally anything except exotica will run perfectly well on 95 RON. Your engine management may adjust itself slightly to take advantage of higher octane fuels, but at mentioned, you're unlikely to notice any great differences. eg you may get an extra 30 or so miles to a tankful, but you'll pay an extra 10p/litres(?) so financially there's no real benefit.

If your looking to get better mileage then checking the tyre pressures and generally looking after the car would be a better bet.

a RAV is for life......

I only put v-power in all my petrol cars - 2 RAVs and the Previa. And never from a supermarket. The 2 RAVs have been fitted with turbo engines and tuned accordingly so nothing less is acceptable. Dunno about diesel+ but then I buy hundreds of gallons of red diesel and the machines seem to work on oily liquid.

Thanx ppl. Have filled up with v-power will see how things go over next 3 weeks or so.

I never use supermarket fuel and usually Shell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links