Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Radio/cd Display

mike xt-r

Hi. I know Mctavish has had his Radio/CD unit replaced due to the display looking faded at night after an hour or so of use, mine dose this and has done so from almost new, but in the daylight it remains clear, Dose anyone elses do this or has anyone had their unit replaced and did it cure it or remain the same. My warrenty is up in 1 month so if its a repairable fault I'll move to get it done, but if its just the way that they all appear the I'd prefer to keep the unit I've got and have a rattle free dash without any screwdriver marks all over it. Thanks you replies will be greatly appreciated, Mike

The only thi ng different with mine at night is that it all lights up with the side lights but the dispay remains the same.

Get it booked in Mike, the radio comes out dead easy. You can do it yourself by sliding a credit card under those side trims and that exposes the bolts. If you leave it the display might go altogether and then you will have to foot the bill.

The only thi ng different with mine at night is that it all lights up with the side lights but the dispay remains the same.

Get it booked in Mike, the radio comes out dead easy. You can do it yourself by sliding a credit card under those side trims and that exposes the bolts. If you leave it the display might go altogether and then you will have to foot the bill.

Thanks Anchorman, are you saying that at night the black didgets are as clear and not faded at all after an hour or so drive compared to when you first turn the unt on. Thanks Mike

Thanks Anchorman, are you saying that at night the black didgets are as clear and not faded at all after an hour or so drive compared to when you first turn the unt on. Thanks Mike

I checked specifically on my way home from Hull earlier. There is definately no difference in the display whether the lights are on (although all the buttons light up) or off. You haven't got your instrument lights dimmed right down have you? That dims the lights but the display remains clear and distinct.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links