Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

July 2010 - Change To The Rav?

richard price

Spotted on another motoring site "Honest John" there is a post suggesting that in July 2010 there is going to be another minor cosmetic change, is that correct??

Spotted on another motoring site "Honest John" there is a post suggesting that in July 2010 there is going to be another minor cosmetic change, is that correct??

That's correct, the choice of RAV4 in EU is limited right now. If you do not want to take what's on stock, you have to wait 4-6 months for new models. Based on this site German site the change should be: new front bumper and fog lights, new grille, new hood, new headlight design...

If this is the case, I shall not be a happy bunny. Fair do's it was my choice when to purchase the car, but I bought what I thought was a face lifted Rav. Come July and 8 months of ownership it will already have been tweaked! :angry:

That's correct, the choice of RAV4 in EU is limited right now. If you do not want to take what's on stock, you have to wait 4-6 months for new models. Based on this site German site the change should be: new front bumper and fog lights, new grille, new hood, new headlight design...

I see from the same site that a new finish is on the cards too..............................Pebble Dash :eek:

LINK

Or it could go this way :rolleyes:

rav-2.jpg

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

You pays your money :thumbsup:

If I was a betting man, I'd say the change may involve some batteries... ;)

The hybrid will be a stand alone spec (just like the Auris hybrid) :thumbsup:

Yup, that's the one I'm waiting for :thumbsup:

I was told it will be model year 2011, which I imagine will be available from September :)

I was told it will be model year 2011, which I imagine will be available from September :)

Yes, I'm sure that when I was researching prior to buying my RAV in 2008 that I read somewhere that it was Mr T's intention to offer a hybrid version of every model in production by 2011.

Or it could go this way :rolleyes:

rav-2.jpg

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

You pays your money :thumbsup:

NOW .......that IS nice.......I LIKE :yahoo: ......best i start saving....again...oh b****r,really need a house though :(

An inside source tells me there will be another facelift due August/Sept but this does NOT involve a hybrid.

The German forum referenced, also refers to the fact that, if, for example you look at the techdoc site and the accessories installation manuals, you can select a 02/2010 generation (new), as well as the current 4.3.5 (11/2008) and first 4.3 (11/2005).

Seems very soon after the current facelift for a new one.

Just a stupid thought and the possibility of this is probably remote, but, If the EU directive is still going ahead, all new vehicles from Feb 2011 have to have daylight running lamps, I understand. Perhaps the front re-styling is to incorporate something like dedicated DRLs?

Although I believe just wiring the headlamps on meets the directive and maybe you'd expect to see new model codes for other Toyota vehicles too if that was the case.

The German forum referenced, also refers to the fact that, if, for example you look at the techdoc site and the accessories installation manuals, you can select a 02/2010 generation (new), as well as the current 4.3.5 (11/2008) and first 4.3 (11/2005).

Seems very soon after the current facelift for a new one.

Just a stupid thought and the possibility of this is probably remote, but, If the EU directive is still going ahead, all new vehicles from Feb 2011 have to have daylight running lamps, I understand. Perhaps the front re-styling is to incorporate something like dedicated DRLs?

Although I believe just wiring the headlamps on meets the directive and maybe you'd expect to see new model codes for other Toyota vehicles too if that was the case.

and a spair wheel on the back !

I don't know the extent of the revision, I just know it will happen.

Thanks for that AM, my info was from late last year (hybrid obviously running late!)

You've had a chance to get more up to date information ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links