Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.0 V 1.3

czechhero

Hubby as been using my 1.0 Yaris for work this week and has registered 50mpg on the trip compared to 45 mpg he gets from his Focus Tddi. Not bad. One thing though, we've read various reviews that have said the 1 litre is the most economical and some that say it's the 1.3. What do members average around town with their respective Yarii?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

About 55mpg on economy runs in my 1.0litre, topped out at 67mpg, but I have no idea how I managed that! :P

Normal driving comes in around 42-46mpg, but I can get it down to 33mpg if i'm in a hurry! :P

Best i ever got in mine was about 56mpg. I usually average between 36 and 48 though.

I could get better but i have a lead foot! :lol:

I'm usually in the high-50's/low-60's, but mine is a diesel :P

1.33 Yaris gives mpg shown below, mix of town and A road commuting. Can manage 50 mpg on a run.

The 1.0 wil always be the most economcal, as each cycle of the engine uses less fuel because of its smaller capacity.

The original 4-cylinder 1.0s were the same engine as the 1.3 - just a different size, so the only difference was the cylinder capacity.

Later 1.0s had a 3 cylinder engine that should be more economical still, due to lower friction losses inside the engine.

I've regularly seen 65mpg average comsumption displayed on the computer of both our 1.0 and 1.3 over the same 10 mile trip across Blackpool. I did see 70mpg once in the 1.0 for the trip, but that was a one-off.

On a motorway trip, I don't think there was much difference either - usually 43-45mpg.

So I think from that, if you are driving the cars exactly the same, there's probably not a lot in it - but because the 1.3 has more power, you'll inevitably use it when accelerating, overtaking, etc., which will use more fuel.

Even though my 1.0 and 1.3 seemed to produce similar results on the "trip computer" readout, when you measure the results over several tankfuls, the 1.0 averaged 44mpg over the eight years we had it and the 1.3 has averaged 39mpg over its first year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links