Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Global Recall

starman

As I understand it, US RAVs built in 2009 - 2010 are among the models subject to the recall. In Europe, Toyota has not yet specified which models are affected - see link in post above.

Just before we press the big red panic button...

If any Rav's are recalled in this country (and that still is an if), it will be 4.3 models only.

If any Rav's are recalled in this country (and that still is an if), it will be 4.3 models only.

It seems to be Ravs from only one plant

Toyota wants to recall the RAV4 vehicles in China from 28 February.

The cars in question were manufactured between 19 March 2009 and 25 January 2010 in Tianjin

It seems to be Ravs from only one plant

Toyota wants to recall the RAV4 vehicles in China from 28 February.

The cars in question were manufactured between 19 March 2009 and 25 January 2010 in Tianjin

what will be will be doesnt affect me with my auld yin

We'll see what comes out in Europe. Let's hope the situation doesn't repeat itself as under Wanabe's company ruling time.

mmm, I remember someone having a similar problem a couple of years ago. I think it was his wife driving at the time, but I can't find the thread. However, I have found another thread where a couple of others have had a similar problem with sticking throttles, again a few years ago, ie: not a 2009 model!! Is this the same problem?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92823

mmm, I remember someone having a similar problem a couple of years ago. I think it was his wife driving at the time, but I can't find the thread. However, I have found another thread where a couple of others have had a similar problem with sticking throttles, again a few years ago, ie: not a 2009 model!! Is this the same problem?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92823

Blimey I think you are right Sywy. At least I mentioned the throttle potentiometer as a possible cause! Again, no nasty tales of V6 autos running away at breakneck speed! I think it is potentially less of a problem for us even though we don't want to experience it if nothing more than a nuisance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links