Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going In For Driving Test (any Tips)?

ItalianStig

Hey guys , I live in Belfast and I am going for my driving test in 2 weeks, just wondering if any guys here know the balmoral test center and if anybody would like to give me any tips for it, as I heard things like pulling the handbrake to much is a minor etc?

Tips is much appreciated

Don't know how the tests go over there but try and be as relaxed as possible (not easy I know) drive with confidence..........................and good luck :thumbsup:

Don't know how the tests go over there but try and be as relaxed as possible (not easy I know) drive with confidence..........................and good luck :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more, the first time I took my test I was all suited and booted trying to impress and I failed so I put in for a cancellation which I got a month later.

I then turned up in jeans, teashirt and trainers and passed in 19 mins.

Giddlepin is right be comfortable and relaxed, do the best you can.

Remember if its right its right - Good Luck :thumbsup::toast::yahoo:

IF you are doing your driving test in a toyota, keep an eye on your throttle pedal :ph34r:

Can't remember when i did mine, but ensure you have a good nights sleep, and be on time. he examinator is only human too.

good luck

rick

Listen to the examiner, you will be driving on routes you have been on many times but they may ask you to take turns you haven't previously taken. People go into autopilot ;) :thumbsup:

Over exaggerate the use of mirrors, this will stop you getting minors if the examiner misses your quick glance.

Best of luck with your test, Mate :thumbsup:

Heh, Heh :toast: I got my licence before driving tests were invented, so never had to do one. The good old days had their advantages :yahoo::wheelchair:

The DVLA (Northern Ireland) website give the test routes on their website but you'll not know until the day of test which one. Knowing the time of test and possible routes may give you an indication of likely traffic problems. If I remember correctly the site also gives the main reasons for failure so a browse through the reasons may also help. Being fit and well can contribute to how you do on the day so at least a week before hand eat healthy, light excercise, no alcohol, and early nights will also help.

I live on one of the test routes and see learner drivers every day of my life and although I never get to know who fails or passes my observations tell me that observation and anticipation seem to be a problem.

Good luck on the day and you never know you may be passing my door so I'll wish you well.:)

I'll be the guy in the baseball hat muttering to himself "Crazy fool"!!!!:):)

Heh, Heh :toast: I got my licence before driving tests were invented, so never had to do one. The good old days had their advantages :yahoo::wheelchair:

But they don't have a man with a red flag running in front of the car any more :lol: :D B)

But they don't have a man with a red flag running in front of the car any more :lol: :D B)

Oh :unsure: Was he supposed to be there? :doctor: They reckon he'll be out of Hospital in a few months :crutchy: :lol2:

Thanks guys for the goodlucks, I am driving in a Toyota Auris not sure what liter its my driving instructors, I will have him on at around 9.50 am in the morning on a monday would you guys say that be a busy time? around belfast??

Thanks guys for the goodlucks, I am driving in a Toyota Auris not sure what liter its my driving instructors, I will have him on at around 9.50 am in the morning on a monday would you guys say that be a busy time? around belfast??

The morning rush hour should be over by then but there tends to be quite a bit more commercial traffic on Mondays in the area so beware of white-van-man drivers. If you see such a vehicle with its indicators flashing it only proves one thing and that is his indicators work nothing more - nothing less.

Good Luck!!

I've just passed my driving test and my parents bought me a Toyota.

There's no stopping me now!

I've just passed my driving test and my parents bought me a Toyota.

There's no stopping me now!

A bit late in life at 42 years old, but.........................Congratulations :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

just passed my test today 1st time, and got 5 minors total, omg I was so nervous before it but I seemed to just let the car do the talking and woop

However in my 3 point turn, didnt get any luck what so ever has coming were coming behind me, infront me etc, 1 white van driver actually let me continue on and manavoer but he was getting browned off after 2 mins as I was aimed for 100% accuracy lol.

My minors were:

3 = Correct Signalling

1 = Avoiding Undue Hesitation

1 = Steering

On top of that my instructor had said the girl I got was a senior examaner and she doesnt be pleased easily but overall I am chuffed, thanks for confidence as well guys

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Now you start to REALLY learn how to drive..................take it easy and good luck :)

Congratulations! Remember that your instructor only teaches you how to pass a test!

I learnt that the hard way, passed my test within 3 months and minimal lessons, 3 weeks after the test wrote my car off!

Well Done :thumbsup: , good job you didn't get anymore minors in the signalling box!

thanks alot guys, I have the mentality that I am only starting to learn as I now have to gain experience, I was thinking about doing the Pass Plus test but I think I have to go for advanced lessons, has anyone done this before and does it decrease insurance quotes?

cheers

thanks alot guys, I have the mentality that I am only starting to learn as I now have to gain experience, I was thinking about doing the Pass Plus test but I think I have to go for advanced lessons, has anyone done this before and does it decrease insurance quotes?

cheers

Congratulations, I would advise you go for Pass Plus it brings your insurance down for starters not only that but it gives you a chance to have a whizz down the motorway with an instructor something I found invaluable when I first started motorway driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links