Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How They Change A T180 Tyre

harleymlb

They can do that in 6 mins :D

How come my dealer said it took them 3 days to do the last one!!

BTW, was there a ring on that alloy? It certainly does not look like the drawing at the top of the page.

The support ring can be seen at about 4m 30s ;)

Just a thought... Why don't we all club together and buy a machine? :lol:

There must be room in someone's garage...

Yeah I think I can see it, but it was not what I was expecting. As said it does not look like the drawing.

I presume "The Ring" was actually inside the tyre when re-mounting it, because I have always presumed it to be an integral part of the wheel, and it certainly wasn't there .

Particularly liked the guy's tyre lever with its wee plastic dod on the end to avoid damage / lathe effect on our 18" alloys.....not at the tyre place I use, trust me. Interesting video nonetheless so thanks.

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

That explains why the support ring gets mullered when changing the tyre... That rim looks pretty normal to me... So it looks like I could take the rim to my usual tyre shop. Get them to gorilla off the old rubber and ring, then fit normal rubber??? :unsure:

That explains why the support ring gets mullered when changing the tyre... That rim looks pretty normal to me... So it looks like I could take the rim to my usual tyre shop. Get them to gorilla off the old rubber and ring, then fit normal rubber??? :unsure:

That thought came to me after posting a wee while ago. I was under impression that we would at least need to angle grind the steel ring off. Is this another bit of Bridgestone scaremongering that it can only be removed by brute force and iggernance? I think I know somebody who's gonnae come on here and burst ma wee bubble of hope that these can be gotten rid of easier than we all thought, coz he would have done it years ago if that simple??!!

Big Kev (with the underbonnet soundproofing....) :crybaby:

Well now we know why the machine is so expensive, it comes with a soft jazz band which was just out of shot.

When I acquired a set of 17" alloys recently, they came from a chap who fancied 18" wheels on his XT3. He bought a set of RFTs off eBay and went to a Toyota garage who agreed to remove the BSR as long as he signed a disclaimer. He then went and bought a set of bog standard 18" tyres.

That is one way. We have in one of our "RFT" threads, some photos of an owner getting the BSRs taken off like Kev says - with an angle grinder.

Either of these ways allows the use of the existing wheels but the final way is like Sywy has done and to get some accessory 18" wheels.

As a reminder the spec for these wheels is;

A PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter - basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 60.1mm

Well now we know why the machine is so expensive, it comes with a soft jazz band which was just out of shot.

I thought it was the telephone "on hold" music to Toyota customer services run-flat complaint line :unsure: (only joking Toyota PR).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links