Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Advice

williano

Hi everyone,

Newcomer to your site, I currently own a Isuzu Trooper 4x4 and have decided that I`m going to change it for an MPV.

The question is which one???

My limit is £5000 which in MPV talk isn`t a great deal of money. As you can tell by the car i currently own I like Jap stuff (reliability).

I am one for the gadgets so I am thinking about an import (lucida or Estima) but I have to bare in mind that I tow a 23ft twin axle caravan, and from what I understand the imports are a 2.2 TD engine, compared to the Previa`s 2.4 pet engine.

Can any of you tell me which would be best for towing, also what type of mpg these vehicles are capable of (towing and solo)

Finally can you tell me the diff between Lucida and Estima, and are parts for the imports easily available in the UK???

Sorry there`s so many questions, but I want to be sorted in the next few weeks as I`m way in the caravan at easter and would like to have my vehicle sorted by then.

PS If my vehicle does`t come with a towbar are they easily available?? What price?? is the Previa tow bar usable on the Est/Luc???

Many Thanks

welcome to the fourm, at current i hav the toyota previa 2.4GL and it is a very big car wiv lots of room :thumbsup: but is very expensive on petrol. It does have a good deal of power to it though and i think that it would be suitable to pull your caravan!

Hope you make the right choice and choose :D Toyota! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Previa towbar will fit with a spacer kit looking at other pages on the web. 5K should get an import J/K plate in good condition with about 60k on the clock (although 90k in Km).

When I find the page I'm thinking of I'll send you the address. It's got all the background info of the lucida emina stuff which is dead useful.

I've not towed so I'm afraid no use to you on that score.

Ed.

hi i actually work at a toyota main dealer and would not advise anybody to buy previa import lucida estima emina due to most are two litre turbo diesel sometimes 4 wheel drive auto which are under powered and suffer with cylinder heads cracking which will cost you for a head job around 1500 to 2000 pounds to repair

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links