Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Have.............................?

jimma

Had my car lowered for about a year now and after about 3 months rear shocks blew out and collapsed. Iput this down to old worn out shocks and had them changed. Now the front shocks have blown and the car sits at an angle now instead of parrallel to the deck! AND the rear shocks are showing signs of leakage. Should I have uprated the shocks when I lowered the car? and if so, which shocks should I use on my ST206 (they WILL be the same as for a ST202)? Any help appreciated. The car is up for sale but I seem to be spending in order for it to be fully up together.

It depends how much the drop the springs give!!!! you can usually get awa with -30 springs (I have for the last year or so on a supra).. if you got the money its always best to uprate tho :thumbsup:

ideally yes you should uprate them or suffer what has happened!

but then again std shocks will cope for an amount of time

Ok, starter for 10......How do i tell if my cars got superstruts or non superstruts? :( I will get these shocks today even if it kills me!

I have NO idea what super struts are :thumbsup: I'd imagine they are interchangable tho.. the shells are the same!! call up toyota with your chassis number and they will be able to tell you for sure :thumbsup:

Ring fensport mate think the kyb or the koni ones will fit on the superstrut suspension if you have that :lol::lol:

Already done mate, they just asked if i had McPherson superstrut, I said no so they told me I want the KYB's, then I thought 'I'm not sure if I have or not' I'll ask Toyota main dealer today, but I've had so much duff info from them, they scare me. Someone posted up a link last week that gives manufacturers specs on EVERY toyota, but now I can't find it. Any ideas as I can't remember what the Thread was called?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links