Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Mapping Session On New Engine!

dawesy

Spent yesterday at Fensport having the rolla remapped.

First job of the day was to swap the puney 540cc injectors for some proper sized Blitz 850cc jobbies. That done, time for adrian to remap to suit.

The first bit of mapping was all low speed stuff but it was soon time to do some acceleration maps. We decided to set the boost to 1.4bar for now and we were surprised to find that this was availiable from only 3400 rpm AT HALF THROTTLE. This car is now an animal. It will quite easily spin both front wheels in third under acceleration if care is not taken.

but there is scope for the boost to go to 1.6-1.8 bar when i get bored with the current level.

Adrians Butt Dyno (which is usualy fairly accurate) thinks we should have about 340-360 bhp but its the torque that really impressive, its so violent you are thrown into your seat not pushed.

will keep you informed of 1/4 mile and 0-100 times when the roads dry up a bit.

Nice work mate.... Can wait to see the dyno's and it run down santa pod this year :D

sounds scary m8, my dad's a4 is running at 300ftlb torque and er... :eek: it's fun :)

diesel?

Yeah its a 1.9 diesel! Am i rite in sayin that it shares its engine with a VW Passat 1.9 diesel?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah its a 1.9 diesel! Am i rite in sayin that it shares its engine with a VW Passat 1.9 diesel?

Cheers :thumbsup:

yup.. you are correct in that assumption...

Infact.. thats what im gonna be driving now.. sharing with my mum untill i get my Tubby...

Its a V plate A4 1.9TDi... great machines... the build quality is second to none.. :thumbsup:

correct, it's the 1.9 PD TDi 130bhp diesel engine, commonly shared amongst the VAG group.

after a stage1 remap it now runs at 200bhp and 300 torque, with a hybrid turbo u can expect 230-250+ bhp and 350torque.

I'm a diesel convert, and I would certainly not complain with the 1.9pd + remap in something like an ibiza/polo, that would shift some :help::thumbsup:

Hi dawesy

Sounds like you have got one very fast car there mate. Look forward to seeing you go down the santa pod strip mate. Teach those scooby's and evo's a lesson or to :P

jerry!!

Dawesy

Thats no moon, its a space station!

Good work, I dont suppose those puny 550cc injectors are for sale are they?? (hint hint!).

Im curious what MPG you are getting right now? I never even cared until the baby came along - nappies are not cheap you know!

Ive managed to download the MAP from the PFC HKS F-CON to my PC using an EPROM reader. Its all just HEX right now, but using trial and error will see if I can find where the registers are for the Fuel Maps - short term. Eventually I will have to go MoTeC too so I can also play with the ignition. That is, as long as MoTeC can handle DLI ignitions?

So how is ol' Addy? Has Fiona had the little Smith yet??

Nad

she should have the little smith very soon two weeks to due date.

adrians well. ask if i wanted to sell the rolla as he had so much fun mapping it. :eek:

the runx is now pushing out 535bhp and thats on optimax and without the jun 2.2 bottom end thats currently being built :eek:

ask adrian about the 540's as i left them there i'll let the two of you sort it out.

hows the twinny?

MoTec should control 4 coils but you may need a multiplexer adrian should be able to tell you.

driving it hard today and boy does it go no need for 5 gears 5ths fine for most things just plant it and the horizon comes up very quick.

Whooooaaaaa dawesy...just the thought of that car of yours is chilling :o :drool: .Hopefully one day I will be able to see it in the flesh.Way to go mate...and all the best :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ant

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links